Sidetrack area

mowerman

Well, from what I remember, Tire  guys used to have a hell of a time trying to get that outer stud off most of the time they were stuck on there pretty good I worked on a tire shop in the early 70s back east back then all we had was spoke wheels tube type. Split rims … Bob

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 4:47 AM, tjc transport said:

the boss bought me this after my hip got bad and i told him i could not drive anymore. 565HP cummins with allison trans.T880.JPG

first time out of the yard after letteringT880-1.JPG

my nephew is a gunnery sergeant, so i had to do this on the tailgatetruck tailgate.JPG

been meaning to ask you,,,with that mighty fine looking rig.....it looks like it probably spends a lotta time offroad and pretty much impossible to keep it looking that way especially this time of year...bob

yes it did Bob. it actually was sold in september and i got a 2022 that is pretty much same exact thing. 
guy offered more than what we paid for it back in 2019. so the new one only cost $15,000.

as for keeping it clean, it gets washed every night before getting parked. 

73,000 miles on it and looked like  it just was picked up from the dealer. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

well i dont use it as much these days because most of our trucks do day and night shifts now and the morning its too cold then in the evening it goes out with the night shift....so im not going to keep washing it for the night driver,besides they usually bring them back from donner pass filthy,,,and yes our wash bay is also outside.canapy ..lites bucket of soap and brush and hose...bob

we have a drive through wash 3 miles away. used to be $75 for the tandem and $85 for the triaxle or $125 for truck and trailer. 

now it is $110 for tandem and $125 for triaxle. and he don't charge me for the trailer any more.

i only go to the drive through if it is really dirty.

since i  am the only one driving i go SLOW in the quarries and off road, which of course pisses off the by the load fools. a few times they have passed us hourly guys at 40-50 mph and splash mud all over. when we get to the scale the scale man already knows why the trucks are covered from cabshield down and usually ban the speeders. 

one guy passed another truck on a bend and almost hit the quarry owner while doing over 60 on a posted 5 mph limit road.......spilling stone off the side of the truck. 

he no longer works in New Jersey as he was banned from all quarries after that incident. 

last i heard he is also banned from the 4 Pennsy quarries along th eJersey border too. 

Well anyone interested I was able to go out and practice a little bit on my Lincoln welder yesterday weather was gorgeous finally around 200 so I set everything up with some scrap metal and made another attempt still not worth a shit but I think I’m getting slightly better… it’s sure not going anywhere near as fast as I thought  I might have to just take a few classes 

yes thin sheet metal is VERY hard to weld....especially with a stick welder. 

mig takes practice. 

i stitch weld thin metal to keep it from warping. takes 10 times longer, but worth it in the long run when you don't have to shrink/stretch the metal to get it back in shape.