Sidetrack area

mowerman

tjc, funny you say that. When l got out of high school l worked in a garage/frame shop. The owner built a frame machine on that idea. lt was 14' tall and 50' long. We could push or pull 50 ton every way but straight down. We repaired dump trailers that had fallen over, some more than once.    .....Hippy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i am thinking that was connected to a dump trailer?

I when out on a service call twice to the same truck on its side same dump trailer! To cut the fifth wheel off second time was able to drive it back to the shop!  Fun stuff 🤨

Did you jokers know this 

May 1943. Newly delivered to the RAAF, Lancaster Q for Queenie was doing promotional flights around Australia for war bonds.

Upon arrival over Sydney the pilot dived towards the harbour and, at full speed, beat up along the water right under the Sydney Harbour bridge. It remains the largest aircraft ever to do this and was totally unplanned.

FB-IMG-1675925215983.jpg

Well if you didn't you do now, go and have a beer from your very on fridge 

Oh hang you lot from over there wont have a clue what I just said

Go a get a beer out of your refrigerator 😁

FB-IMG-1675796932821.jpg

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

Back when I was a young guy, a good friend of mine did the same thing, auto body man built his own frame straightening machine just for automobiles that thing impress the shit out of me Bob

the frame machine in my old shop had a 35 long by 10 wide table with 200 ton hydraulics. 

when my 88 was 7 months old i hit a patch of ice while plowing and went straight on into a curb with the plow. 

the F750 behind me followed rite into the rear bumper. he saw he was gonna hit me and squared the plow to me so it was also a square hit. bent the frame so bad there was a 6 inch gap between top of bed and cab, and touching on bottom. 

went to the shop and chained it down on the table. 

put the 12 inch clamps on top of the center of the frame and pulled down, than started pushing up on the four outside corners of the frame. 

34 years later and you still can't tell it was ever bent.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

13 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Did you jokers know this 

May 1943. Newly delivered to the RAAF, Lancaster Q for Queenie was doing promotional flights around Australia for war bonds.

Upon arrival over Sydney the pilot dived towards the harbour and, at full speed, beat up along the water right under the Sydney Harbour bridge. It remains the largest aircraft ever to do this and was totally unplanned.

FB-IMG-1675925215983.jpg

Well if you didn't you do now, go and have a beer from your very on fridge 

Oh hang you lot from over there wont have a clue what I just said

Go a get a beer out of your refrigerator 😁

FB-IMG-1675796932821.jpg

Paul 

and from that moment in 1943 the Dam busters came into existence.  

• Like 1