Shop Talk

Onyx610

the big one is a single action .22LR... I can hit anything with it...  the other is "Big Dan"  .44Mag. *" ported and heavy lug..  single handed shooting is easy..  6" group at 50' single action..  is easy to do.. jojo

• Like 1

I love it,, I have a 1911 .45 ACP, made by Thompson, I just went shopping last week for a trapdoor revolver in .45 Long colt, no luck..  I do have a "Judge" though..  is the other one a peace maker in .357?  jojo

i forgot to say, I have a Colt MK III police model in .38 spl.  and I also have a Colt Army 1917 revolver, in .45 ACP... it's a real one,, it is shot-out, but it's still cool... 

36 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I'm afraid to post the pics!

I would have to agree. todays world  you never know whos watching. good or bad. my sister had difficulty registering her guns; i questioned . why would you register. then the "good guys" know where to go when martial law takes effect. bad guys don't register.

• Like 1

Well I  dont have any hand guns as such, pistols and the like 

I have rifles and shot guns, nothing flash and shiny like you blokes 

Was working with a Yank from Arizona that now lives in Australia a few weeks ago 

I asked him about the different attitudes towards guns in Australia and America as he is a ex gun owners in the states and how he found our different attitude towards guns

He reckons he found it a bit unsettling at first but once he got used to our ways he reckons its okay and in a lot of ways better

We never talked much more about what makes it better or worse as we started talking about medical systems and that's a whole different conversation 

There was a fella on here from years ago I  used to Skype regularly with from the New England area and we would talk about everything and share gun stories and the like

Dunno if people even use Skype these days we changed to messenger some years ago

Paul

• Like 1

Pictures or not they already know what you got and probably where they are at. Either way they will never be taking them. If for some reason they do, come and get them!

2773DFC1-9C2C-4389-9C83-9205B684CEBF.jpeg

6096C88D-89CD-47BC-9566-65E7931CB01E.jpeg

582FEC47-7DD4-480F-BAD8-B47D2A9F253D.jpeg

6D413B79-656C-4008-8AEC-B8E7B79E6381.jpeg

73617583-B481-4DAF-A4FD-0C27182CECDD.jpeg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Here is a picture of my best employee..  He works hard in any weather, and he can lift a bit more than I can..  :) jojo

KIMG1000.JPG

What are we working on??

2009 CXU-613..  I put an engine harness on it, and when I cranked it up, the floor pan and dog house was out, and the DPF and the Bellows pipe were leaking really bad and filled the sleeper with "Whale Killing" exhaust..  anyway, the DPF is on the forks,  I was putting it back together.  I'm still waiting on some parts, the big 'V' clamps are on back order,,,  go figure???? so thats this "Shop talk"...  I do have an F-250 (6.0 l) diesel in my shop..  I just finished doing the front axle assemblies, all ball joints, brakes, rotors, calipers, and hubs, and a steering stabilizer.. plus I put a radiator in it and fixed 3 plugs on the engine harness, because it had no power and was smoking really bad...  It also had an issue restarting after it warms up and drives.  that last part is what I'm doing..  This truck is the gift that keeps on giving...  kinda like Herpes's... :) I already bought a stand pipe kit, but I'm going to pressurize it to see if that IS the issue..  jojo

I did use it yesterday to load my beer can tote on the back of "Old Blue"   got $32.00 for the cans at the scrap yard,,, just sayin.... jojo

• Like 1

Those v clamps always leak, you have to get them just right! It’s like magic when it doesn’t leak the first try. I was gonna say it sounds like stand pipes on the 6.0 for the hard starts when it’s warm. If it’s smoking a lot and low power check FICM voltage. They are notorious for taking a shit. Injectors could also need resealed (o rings). 

Problem with the 6.0s is there is soo much that it could be for different symptoms. Kind of like an MP…they arnt too bad of engines actually. I’m not a fan of HEUI though.

I fixed the low power part, when I repaired the boost plug, and the VGT plug, and one other that I think is oil temp... I dont know about Ford's,  accept for the fact that they circled the problem right on the hood,,  I did some reading and learned about the stand pipes..   the other fixes was my ,,, 'fix what you know is broke first' approach...   I have turned down 6.0 repairs in the passed, but I may try to take 'em on in the future...  jojo