Shop Talk

Onyx610

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

Yes I put an air starter in mine long long time ago and it was a real bitch I mentioned it before I was only 39 when I put it in at 65 I don’t think I could take it out ha ha

at 70/closing in on 71; i don't think i can climb the steps to sit in the seat and turn the key to start it ,never mind change it ,,,

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

I've been staring at that pattern for some time now. 1- can't recall ever seeing a 14 ;; 2= minus 5th lo which would give the 14, it states lo-lo NOT a splitter. 1st lo-lo only?? that would take out 3-4 more moves . how14?? like the 6 speed twin stick maxi  low for first only  was "made into a10 speed by many

That looks like one of those from something with a gas engine.

You know mentally I don’t feel any different than what I was 20 but my body is getting a little beat up and mainly hard to bemd down and get up again mainly that’s the only issue I have now but I am sure it will get worse… Oh by the way I think I have the baby quad in my DM it’s a 15 speed with a low hole on the auxiliary that can’t be used when up shifting the pattern

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Like a ford I guess, cab has to come off to do anything haha

it can be done without cab off. helps alot to be 20-30 yrs old. have tried lowering with a rope, someone inside cab and helper outside. remove small side panel outside , try not to think of how many fingers will be smashed . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark T said:

That looks like one of those from something with a gas engine.

possibly but he states it's in the DM 607 he posted a picture of. a DM607 wouldn't be gas ??   711 or 673 non-turbo . green interior from picture. i'm thinking early DM. not saying trans wasn't changed ;; who would change dash shift  pattern. 

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

You know mentally I don’t feel any different than what I was 20 but my body is getting a little beat up and mainly hard to bemd down and get up again mainly that’s the only issue I have now but I am sure it will get worse… Oh by the way I think I have the baby quad in my DM it’s a 15 speed with a low hole on the auxiliary that can’t be used when up shifting the pattern

At 34 I hear you on that, im pretty physically fit too. But I can see/feel a downhill side of things to my body. Things just hurt more now, take longer to heal, bruise/cut easier, and just cant move as fast/jump off things like I used to. Let’s just say I don’t feel 20 anymore and it’s not gonna get any better. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mowerman said:

the body parts don't get worse (yes they do); call it they get more challenging to operate. your DM is a DM6???  , DM607/611 ? do you have the same shift pattern on the dash or is it showing 15 speed?

The shift pattern says quadrupflex but as I said low low does not cooperate but who knows the transmission may have been switched years ago I am getting rid of this one I actually have  A rebuilt real quad box I got for 350 years ago I don’t know if you read that a while back and another thread I have not put it in yet all in good time but yes chip pattern definitely says five and four

yeah Mech...  I'll be 53 in 28 days,  And I have 3 scripts..  never had scripts.. until 2 years ago..  and my hangovers are slim too none, but easy to get..  :)   my new thing is to put the beer down early, eat supper and make a cup of tea...   Holy sh!t...  whats wrong with me???  :) jojo

• Haha 2

Hey @GA_Dave this will be for sale soon. A kid I know in this fire company says they are selling it. It’s a duplex and no one can drive it and they just want NEW. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

yeah Mech...  I'll be 53 in 28 days,  And I have 3 scripts..  never had scripts.. until 2 years ago..  and my hangovers are slim too none, but easy to get..  :)   my new thing is to put the beer down early, eat supper and make a cup of tea...   Holy sh!t...  whats wrong with me???  :) jojo

give it time; sooon when someone mentions the great golden years you will do the same as will smith on the award show other night. sure you have heard /seen it . his slap is more famous then covid/ russia ukranie crap.   golden yrs  you tell someone to go f--- themselves. the drs like people in the golden yrs. i haven't had a beer in way to long. heart dr told me yrs ago ;; don't come back here 20lbs over weight now that your retired. beer adds the lbs fast. not counting pain pills i have three heart pills.

Well I don’t know if you caught  the part I am on disability for a little while and it’s awfully hard not to start drinking early I try to wait till at least six hanging around all day with almost nothing to do ordinarily but whiskey bottle is yelling at me at all times drink me drink me

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Well I don’t know if you caught  the part I am on disability for a little while and it’s awfully hard not to start drinking early I try to wait till at least six hanging around all day with almost nothing to do ordinarily but whiskey bottle is yelling at me at all times drink me drink me

Dude I hear you on that, being off for the convid virus was killer on my liver. Sheesh, it was like 3 months too. Thank god beer distributors were “essential” 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mowerman said:

get that dm model out start to build it