Shop Talk

Onyx610

Just now, mowerman said:

Yes real precision work there very professional it all looks amazing…, Bob

Thank you, Sir!  Again, coming from you guys, it really means something.

Incidentally, that's my Little Boy in that one picture.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

5 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

He may be your little boy, but he looks like he “used” to use that squat rack/bench in garage. Now it’s a strap hanger haha. Usually the fate of gym equipment haha. 

• Like 2

I just barely started teaching myself welding…. I’m looking forward to getting a lot better at it so I can start creating cool shot like that and yes ten  -4 on building supplies a fortune… ridiculous… same shit we were buying a while back a lot cheaper and noticed quality of 2/4s and plywood is garbage Bob 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Not sure if you have noticed it lately ,,, he’s not so little anymore lol… Bob

DCW,,,,  way to many likes need to be posted by me...  instead.....  WOW!!!!  you are amazing..  the 4 post lift is awesome...  I have a motorcycle table lift that works great, but what you made looks amazing...   jojo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice lift DCW my bike only weighs 350 pounds I know a lot of the Harley guys would just pick it up and put it on the table to work on but I am getting old and getting down on the floor is getting harder. If you were going to build one for someone what would it cost?

NCM_0079.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

And here is our lift table.  Used 4 jacks in the corners.  Much cheaper and sturdier than most of the el-cheapo tables.

L1.jpg

L5.jpg

L6.jpg

L7.jpg

L8.jpg

That is awesome,you should take it to The Shark Tank..

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, D-Day said:

Really nice lift DCW my bike only weighs 350 pounds I know a lot of the Harley guys would just pick it up and put it on the table to work on but I am getting old and getting down on the floor is getting harder. If you were going to build one for someone what would it cost?

NCM_0079.JPG

That shop looks pretty interesting…

Somthing about those sportsters I love…more then most Harley’s. Just basic and clean…love all the bikes you guys all got!

Edited by Onyx610

they kick a$$...  I put my sportster through hell...  but I can jump on it right now and run it hard some more...  It is a block of iron under my A$$..  jojo

This beauty belongs to my wife,, Her Daddy left it to her..  1981, 305 4bbl, auto, 34,500 miles....  I tuned it up .  tap the pedal hit the key, and Vroom.. it has sat for so long that it does smell like a push mower for a minute or so,,  but when you drive it....  It friggin floats on a cloud, and you can let go of the wheel and will stay in the lane..  I get nervous when I park it in a parking lot around here... jojo

KIMG0972.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D-Day said:

NCM_0079.JPG

Got a cohort that rides Norton 850 Commando.  Love those Nortons!

I'll  dig around and see how much I had in that lift.  It wasn't much.  I think the 4 trailer jacks were the most expensive part of it.

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."