1960 Mack N613T Cabover Dump

CTG

• 2 weeks later...

Yard where truck sits is slowly being cleared out. Started truck up last week. Has air leaks and needs batteries and one of the wing windows has been cracked. Owner will accept offers and I will assist with removal from property. With work could be excellent ranch truck or a unique truck for shows.

20210820_102655.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gentleman. If any of you are at all interested in this truck please contact me ASAP. The children of deceased former owner have been offered $400 from the scrap man and they intend to clean the property up by March. This is a running 1960 Mack N613 with a Mack Turbo Diesel, triplex trans, power steering, and air brakes. Surely the parts alone are worth more than $400 to someone. Plus it's a very rare model truck ... I hate to see it get cut up or sent to Mexico. Yes it needs work, but I doubt its beyond the capabilities of most here. I expect to be able to drive the truck onto your trailer. A new 3/4 ton pickup is 65k to 75k+. For less than that I believe you could repaint this truck, go through the mechanicals and have one of the only working 1960 Mack N613's left. Again I expect to be able to drive the truck onto your trailer. Please contact me.

sad to read stories like this. it might not be the nicest looking mack  made ; the history of that model such a short run. it's same as those B21 firetrucks; clean up and tinkering they look totally different. I can't go to LA  for it

Isn't there a big Mack guy on the West coast.....Oregon I think. He was featured in Wheels of Time Magazine about a year or so ago. He has a pretty nice collection and does all the restoration. Maybe it would be up his alley? Not that Southern California is all that close to Oregon but worth a shot for a rare model maybe? I'll have to dig for that edition of WOT and see if I can find his name. Maybe someone on the forum knows him.

Edited by 67RModel

Well I tracked Dan down on the forum here and send him a PM to check it out. Hopefully the message finds him and he has the time to at least check this one out. I don’t know if he gets on anymore or not…..I know at the end of the day it’s just a Ford cab (I think) with a Mack badge on the front but this truck should be saved….

• Like 1

Thank god I was really surprised that thing was still sitting there that long, and yes, very tempting worst part of entire caper would be arguing with the old lady entire 3 days before I getting thrown out of the house bodily and changing the locks  I was even thinking I wonder if norm knows about it … Bob