Drama

Latest drama on the udder side of the world in Australia

lotsa new trucks are gunna run out of ad Blue fuel additive to prevent pollution etc

spose to be only a few weeks left of supply

time will tell

lucky me aint got no modern ad blu sheite

LOL

is there a shortage of ad blu crap in Yanky land??

cya

once the smurf pee reaches a certain level, a sensor in the tank will shut the truck down (so i am told).

we have not had any supply issues yet, and i currently have 245 gallons in the shop. that should last around 6-7 months .

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

Can you run the truck without it or will it shut itself down or worse?

Nope, will derate then shut down, then it's a trip to the dealer. Unless you are deleted, LOL

And you don't even have to run out.....they will do the same it the sensors think it is bad quality DEF.

• Like 1

we have a 2011 F550 with 6.7 engine. the DEF injector has been changed 4 times already due to crystallization on the tip. when it does not inject DEF, it goes into de-rate and cuts engine power to 25%. and it just barely moves. 

we have been waiting for the new truck for 9 months now. 

1 of the two was just delivered friday, but it is getting the service body instead of the dump body because the service truck just ate an injector thursday afternoon on the way home. . 

ya never know. cali needs under 10 year old trucks running smurf pee. 

nu yawk will be there next year. 

joisey will soon follow. 

my bet is this is the "push" to electric trucks. 

demand all diesels HAVE TO RUN SMURF PEE , than make it impossible to buy. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I heard you can add water, how much I don’t know. I have been around discussions where drivers spoke about adding a little water when smurf pee cannot be found, remember we don’t have fuel depots on every street corner. The water prevents the truck derating 

2 minutes ago, fjh said:

nope can't ad water cant piss in the can either! Same thing applies derate! Good thing that old trucks were built to last we will still be able to move some stuff around! They will be able to deliver the add blue to get the new stuff running again!🤣

Yup, don’t think about adding anything but quality DEF. If you don’t have any at all don’t add anything at all. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

what if you pee'd 37.5 oz. of pee, and added 62.5 oz. of water,,,, will that work?  :) jojo

Sure ! This all depends on what beer you were drinking last nite as to the recipe you use! May be a fine line there me thinks! 😂

Urea is a commodity created via coal and natural gas as a byproduct of industrial ammonia production, and like most commodities it is traded on the world market. That is to say one country's supply is heavily dependent on various geopolitical events / decisions from other areas of the globe. The largest producer of Urea is good old China. High natural gas prices have slowed the production overall. Additionally, electricity rationing in China have forced the Chinese urea factories to cut output further lowering supply. The largest use of urea is agricultural fertilizer. The Chinese government has banned the export of urea to sure up its agricultural industry and food supply. 80% of Australia's urea comes from factories in China so you can see where this is going. Also, South Korea gets most of its urea from China. I saw where they have resorted to airlifting loads from Australia further squeezing Aussie's supply. I have seen nothing here yet as to a supply disruption but who knows. As interconnected as every economy is I'm sure its only a matter of time.

• Like 2