1953 LTL, Old dog got to the groomer this week

23 minutes ago, alex g said:

She's a beauty too bad can't get to a show to show it off

It's OK, got here and that counts a lot. Most guys here know what it takes to get a retired 67 year old truck to look good. There is always next year for the shows.

• Like 1

AZB...  I bought 2 external caravan covers with soft internal fabric from Aldi Supermarket about $aust 85 each, they cover our B75 truck and sleeper cabs all over and down the sides and second cover for the frame and rear end, - keeps our Kermit clean, dry and happy in his kennel. I cut 2 small holes to allow the exhausts to poke thru so the cover drop down the sides fully, and then placed a couple of hessian sacks over the exhausts. And plenty of rat sack to protect Kermit from invaders. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mackdaddy said:

Damn that looks great! Itch sold it to a good home!

Thanks, When I got it off Itchy it was in need of some attention. Since it's been in a good caring home along with a few other good old Dogs. Had all the sheet metal striped to bare metal, had some chrome done and went from all green to tan and green for paint. Found a few pieces to make it complete with all the 141 aluminum castings that make it an LTL. It is a Great old truck and the true definition of a long hood Dog!

• Like 2

Great look!

At one hand it seems sad when you (anybody) have spent damn lots of efforts to make a rig perfect and get it finished but in a bit of while polished parts fades out and dust collects in corners giving away a clean show look. So you have to continue putting powers to keep the diamond shiny.

On the other hand when your project is ready you actually don't have much of to do with it. So takings some care to it might mean a bit of play. And result of such care of a kind you showed us on the pictures brings no doubt a lot of fun and pride.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, AZB755V8 said:

Just for thought if I built truck models, painted portraits, assembled puzzles, read books, etc. What would I have to do with the objects once I finished them, not much. I just have a hobby on a different scale.

Thanks for the option, I just am having fun with some big old stuff that people like to look at and appreciate but few want or keep in great shape.  :thumb:

That all is very good written. I have a similar point of view.

Good is when people understand the matter of things. Actually it seems that not many do.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Fantastic!!!  Wow.

We're all kinda sick when it comes to hobbies like this.  We all spend our own various amounts of money on things that will never be worth anything close to the total spent.  We do it for the love and the personal satisfaction.   Many dream of a truck like yours, but like me, I like to use mine too much and that kind of restoration would be a moot point because I could never keep it at that level.

I have friend with show cars and even drag cars that would meet that kind of level.  I laugh about having to wash my hands before working on them.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Race cars...ugh. I dont spent much on mine typically.  Though last year it needed a new block after 20 years.  Then my 24 yr old alum heads started puking water over winter.  Start over and just duplicated what I spent last year on short block to replace top half.  Groan.  Should be good til I retire racing?  This is my 25th straight season now.

None of my stuff is pristine.  Again, too much work and anymore I HATE work!!  ;)

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

17 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Ya, maybe sick or half crazy but its fun... not hurting anyone. If it weren't for the interest in working on old stuff there would be something else like, drinking, gabbling, chasing women, etc. That would have my interest, all is money and time spent. You drag race as well as I did, never get out what was put in, cost is crazy these days, but it is worth it to work on something for a week to to run it 4-6 times down the strip to work on it again. Nothing like a nice clean drag car. 

Belvedere: Low 9's@147     Cuda: 10.4's@128  Collecting dust, no one wants them or know how to work on them these days.  34 all steel Ford hasn't been out in years.

IMG_0624.thumb.JPG.b087e8434a6457af81e7c4e01825e411.JPG

IMG_0623.thumb.JPG.07cfa85705bd4a94308c735c55b1876c.JPG

Never washed my hand before working on anything, for 50 years, but told mechanics gloves keep things cleaner. Rages still work for me, I laugh too.:thumb:

If you are interested in selling the cars, the place to do so today is bringatrailer.com

Amazing site of enthusiasts that auctions a wide variety of vehicles.  Many bringing several hundred thousand dollars.  "Cuda sales on there range from $7,000-$125,000 depending on year, motor, rarity etc.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

22 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Truck is gorgeous love the color both Plymouth are really nice too but fury was always one of my favorites I remember when you could buy them all day long for nothing ha ha..bob

Thanks for liking, Fury, you say Fury... Bought this 1960 conv. for the wife to restore, she likes convertibles. She lost interest before I got to it, thank God, wanted a new Vett conv, instead. I sold it back to the same guy I got it from after 10 years. He was happy to get it back, raccoon and rat crap still in place from when I got it. He told me what he paid for it when he bought it back, your right on the nothing thing!

IMG_0285.thumb.JPG.b7c7bce81cd8b2587f1cab28b77cebaa.JPG

AZ,

Very tasteful change to the LTL.

Itch put a lot of effort into that truck so it is nice to see it in a clean dry home.

I remember Itchy telling me what he had to go through restoring the fuel tanks...it took about six tanks to make two good ones..carefully cutting them in half to mate one good end with another good front..then having to convince his fabricator to weld them together!

Cheers,Pat

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:50 AM, AZB755V8 said:

Thanks for liking, Fury, you say Fury... Bought this 1960 conv. for the wife to restore, she likes convertibles. She lost interest before I got to it, thank God, wanted a new Vett conv, instead. I sold it back to the same guy I got it from after 10 years. He was happy to get it back, raccoon and rat crap still in place from when I got it. He told me what he paid for it when he bought it back, your right on the nothing thing!

IMG_0285.thumb.JPG.b7c7bce81cd8b2587f1cab28b77cebaa.JPG

New corvette sounds a lot more appealing than that thing I’ve hadda lot of older Chrysler models but that thing is ugly lol I’m glad she didn’t want it as well... bob

• Like 2