Magnums and Freedoms 2020

Super line up of limited edition dogs. They will be well cared for. Tony Champion is a nice Guy and Super Mack enthusiast, these are a fraction of what he has. Surprised to not see one of the Very limited Bicentennial Australian Superliners in the photo. 

Only thing is most of us will never see them in person unless you visit Australia some day. Super collection just on the other side of the world, wish it was closer!! 

• Like 1

Great looking line up!

Thanks for sharing. Never knew about this part of Tony Champion's collection.

The only question is the Freedoms don't have the statue pring on their sides by some reason.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The collection does include the Australian limited editions (4).

These trucks have been added in the last 4 years.

The Freedom trucks do have the correct Statue of Liberty decal - just hard to see.

2095275769_freedomstatue1.thumb.jpg.54ae1058e76cf4f34a9a806932198c92.jpg

Edited by phildirt
  • Like 2

For those of you who have not seen it before. Some of Tony's collection is on the bottom 2/3 of this page., taken in 2015 on the ATHS Down Under Tour. His personal truck, the Southern Cross, is a 50th year anniversary truck.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/84264/Down-Under-Trip?PageIndex=7

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

22 hours ago, phildirt said:

The collection does include the Australian limited editions (4).

These trucks have been added in the last 4 years.

The Freedom trucks do have the correct Statue of Liberty decal - just hard to see.

2095275769_freedomstatue1.thumb.jpg.54ae1058e76cf4f34a9a806932198c92.jpg

The up-close is rally nice! Thanks.

The build sheets for the SuperLiner II Magnum (186) trucks all list "Air Suspended Cab Mounting" as part of the standard package. On all trucks equipped with either size (36" or 60") sleepers, that item is either lined out or marked "deleted".

My truck had the 2 shock absorbers installed as in the picture above and a block of rubber (might as well have been a 2 X 6) mounted where the air bag and control would have been placed.

All of the sleepers I have seen are ridged mounted - just rubber bushings on 6 steel brackets. 

I replaced the rubber block on my truck cab with a Mack air bag and control rods and used a modern, flexible cab seal. Seems to work just fine.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, phildirt said:

The build sheets for the SuperLiner II Magnum (186) trucks all list "Air Suspended Cab Mounting" as part of the standard package. On all trucks equipped with either size (36" or 60") sleepers, that item is either lined out or marked "deleted".

My truck had the 2 shock absorbers installed as in the picture above and a block of rubber (might as well have been a 2 X 6) mounted where the air bag and control would have been placed.

All of the sleepers I have seen are ridged mounted - just rubber bushings on 6 steel brackets. 

I replaced the rubber block on my truck cab with a Mack air bag and control rods and used a modern, flexible cab seal. Seems to work just fine.

Is this what you was talking about? I surprized seeing a non-air suspended cab on a RW. The truck had 36" Able Body.

NL-USA.2013_3186_resize.JPG

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ws721 said:

were all Liberty's  E9 powered?

No. The Freedom Edition MH that we had was an E6.  I believe it was a 350hp but had had pump work done to it prior to our company buying it which lead some to say it was an E6 400hp.

Vlad- that is the cab suspension (?) that was used with a sleeper compartment - at least on the early trucks.

From the records at the Archives at the Mack Truck Historical Museum:

Freedom Series engines: (these numbers don't add up to the total production due to some missing build sheets)

E6 350     131

E9 500       14

E9 450        8

E9 400        5

All of the Magnum Series left Allentown with one of the 3 E 9 engines.

4 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

here it is, Tony's 3 limited edition R models in his doggie compound, enjoy

I was wondering where Tom Brown Sr's. from Ohio, Magnum went. I was talking to Tom Jr. several years ago about it. Just after it was sold, he was bummed out of course. He said it was going to stay in the family but a collector gave crazy money for it. It was in really good shape to begin with before the boat ride over.

2 hours ago, phildirt said:

Vlad- that is the cab suspension (?) that was used with a sleeper compartment - at least on the early trucks.

From the records at the Archives at the Mack Truck Historical Museum:

Freedom Series engines: (these numbers don't add up to the total production due to some missing build sheets)

E6 350     131

E9 500       14

E9 450        8

E9 400        5

All of the Magnum Series left Allentown with one of the 3 E 9 engines.

Yes, that was the cab suspension of 1985 RW613 with E6-350 under the hood. The truck was red with black interior so no possibility seemed it was originated as a Magnum. When I was making the photo I was sure I looked at a cab suspension air bag. And only much later observing the picture I realized there was a solid rubber block not an air cushion. Was too surprizingly to me and your explanation of installing such part to minimize cab to sleeper movements cleared the clouds.

6 hours ago, Terry T said:

No. The Freedom Edition MH that we had was an E6.  I believe it was a 350hp but had had pump work done to it prior to our company buying it which lead some to say it was an E6 400hp.

Intresting. Thank you

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 1 year later...