Hate To Say Goodbye

h67st

Those were a very reliable platform also. Hauled a lot of them for the implement dealer I help out in the past. They no longer sell Kubota however.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

2 hours ago, h67st said:

I had this tractor for mowing my field and pulling old Macks around with. I also had an old Bobcat 610, decided to sell these and buy one tractor with a loader so I could free up space in the shop. This is a 1986 Kubota M4050, it has a 48 hp 6 cylinder diesel. The 6 cyl. has a nice sound and it's a lot smoother than the more common 4 cyl. tractors.

333.JPG

And the replacement is.....???

On 3/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, h67st said:

I had this tractor for mowing my field and pulling old Macks around with. I also had an old Bobcat 610, decided to sell these and buy one tractor with a loader so I could free up space in the shop. This is a 1986 Kubota M4050, it has a 48 hp 6 cylinder diesel. The 6 cyl. has a nice sound and it's a lot smoother than the more common 4 cyl. tractors.

333.JPG

Nice, good luck with your new to you tractor.

Mack 11E.jpg

The Kubota four cylinder that is used in Carrier refrigeration units on our trailers have been the best little diesels. Only ever lost one injector pump on over 340 different trailers and it had 19,000 run hours on it. 

• Like 1

One ping only

That 2200 series Kubota was one of the most reliable diesels built when run as reefer duty mandates. 20K hours is not unusual. Isuzu was another good one as was were Perkins a bit earlier in times gone by.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nice. I hope you got a good buck for it. Kubota's really hold their value.

My antique tractor is an Allis Chalmers, but my new one is a Kubota. I wouldn't buy anything else.

Edited by Bullheaded
spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob said:

That 2200 series Kubota was one of the most reliable diesels built when run as reefer duty mandates. 20K hours is not unusual. Isuzu was another good one as was were Perkins a bit earlier in times gone by.

I have a Isuzu engine in my loader. Starts in the cold and runs smooth and fairly quiet. Quite happy with it

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Nor'Easter said:

Just love the older Kubotas, I'd like to own some of the early ones and keep them inside.  I have a 1993 my grandfather bought new, works perfectly.

I wonder if they will ever become desirable antique tractors like the others years from now? I keep mine in good shape and don't think I will ever get rid of them.

Would be nice to find one of the first early ones when they started selling them in North America.

Is this where all of us are goning? REALLY MAN  you all are saying goodby to a JAPAN product. I maybe excommunicating myself but come on this is a MACK site. I have had several Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kubota products of differemy sorts.  Even a Cat 931B loader that was a Komatsu in disguise  Yhey were good equipment, but come on. Really!!  You all grace the white flag with the RED circle?? This is a just a wrong thead. Got a Honda CT70, 1972 was my first cycle but you want it? Great bike but, My memories are American.

Yes,closed in, because of the COVID19, a 100% China product, but really to hear of a Kobota over a Ford 8N, Chalmers, Moline, International, Deere, Even a British  Dave Brown, Really??

Disregard the spelling, just had a few on a Sunday afternoon.

Let's Talk American, maybe MACK? Just between freinds?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AZB755V8 said:

Is this where all of us are goning? REALLY MAN  you all are saying goodby to a JAPAN product. I maybe excommunicating myself but come on this is a MACK site. I have had several Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kubota products of differemy sorts.  Even a Cat 931B loader that was a Komatsu in disguise  Yhey were good equipment, but come on. Really!!  You all grace the white flag with the RED circle?? This is a just a wrong thead. Got a Honda CT70, 1972 was my first cycle but you want it? Great bike but, My memories are American.

Yes,closed in, because of the COVID19, a 100% China product, but really to hear of a Kobota over a Ford 8N, Chalmers, Moline, International, Deere, Even a British  Dave Brown, Really??

Disregard the spelling, just had a few on a Sunday afternoon.

Let's Talk American, maybe MACK? Just between freinds?

My John Deere has a Mahindra engine in it. Scratch John Deere off of the American icon list of acceptable pieces of equipment to talk about?  😁 kobotas are legendary in the small to mid sized tractor market. Nearly bullet proof and if taken care of last a lifetime or more. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

31 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

My John Deere has a Mahindra engine in it. Scratch John Deere off of the American icon list of acceptable pieces of equipment to talk about?  😁 kobotas are legendary in the small to mid sized tractor market. Nearly bullet proof and if taken care of last a lifetime or more. 

What Model Deere john??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Ya, hate to break the news to you AZB....but all your beloved American tractor brands are full of Japanese components, LOL

John Deere has Yanmar power, Massey compacts are  Iseki, New Holland/Case IH compacts were Shibaura but are now Korean LS.

And Japanese is a hell of a lot better than Chinese and Korean tractors.

Sorry I'm not more patriotic.....I just go with the winning team. And under 70 horsepower that is Kubota. Over is John Deere.

Besides Kubota orange looks good parked beside my antique Allis Chalmers orange.

• Like 1

America's great strength is our diversity- We take the best from all over the world and remix it into the best products. Was not Henry Ford the son of Irish immigrants? And some of our greatest industrial designers were Jewish immigrants from Europe, same with some of our greatest American composers. You mentioned the 8N, it was as much the design another Irishman, Harry Ferguson, as Ford's. Or the GT40, brought to us as much by Brits as Americans and shepherded by an Italian-American whose influence on the automobile is still visible. No surprise that the chief engineer for the current Mustang is a Vietnamese immigrant who fell in love with the Mustang when he first saw one as a child in Vietnam. And how about designer Larry Shinoda, who grew up in a WWII Japanese internment camp and went on to give us Corvettes, Boss Mustangs, White trucks, the Grand Cherokee, and who knows how many other great vehicles he designed are hidden behind non-disclosure agreements? The "Father of the Corvette"- A Russian Jew named Zora whose family escaped to America just ahead of the Nazis overrunning Europe.And Mack? Clearly the great engineers at Mack didn't work with the blinders on, they followed truck development from all over the world and weren't afraid to adopt best practices from anywhere. Mack adopted Scania technology more than once, and Renault invested heavily in Mack to bring a new generation of products to market and put the Mack V8 in their own Premier top of the line cabover.

And those little Kubotas and Deeres? Great tractors, designed in Japan and America, and made in both countries too.

• Like 1

I have had excellent service from my 2005 Massey 1533 by AGCO and a JD 950 which was a Yanmar painted green.  A friend had a 2 or 3 year earlier JD 950 and I think he said it was built in Germany.

Don't mind global products but I am trying wean myself away from Chinese products and some electrical components from Mexico.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

What Model Deere john??

1070 John Deere 4x4 40 hp, it might be Yanmar as others have stated above but I can’t remember. I do know it’s not a John Deere engine in it. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:14 AM, j hancock said:

I have had excellent service from my 2005 Massey 1533 by AGCO and a JD 950 which was a Yanmar painted green.  A friend had a 2 or 3 year earlier JD 950 and I think he said it was built in Germany.

Don't mind global products but I am trying wean myself away from Chinese products and some electrical components from Mexico.

I second that.  Its a world economy.   The way I look at it, I prefer.."Made in USA" ..not just "designed in USA" but have no problem with goods made in EU or even Japan or  to a lesser degree Taiwan.  But China?  They do steal our designs and there is no  doubt that they are ruthless in their implementation of their plan to be dominant in everything. 

I have never set foot in a Harbor Freight.   Hopefully all the attention Covid-19 is getting and the fact that  the American drug industry has  gone for the quick buck in outsourcing to China will bring about some changes.  And as for the phony "Greens" in this country, they can smugly smile that our noble environmental standards have  killed much of our "dirty" industry-like foundaries- its ok for China and India to crank out the goods that were made here.

One thing I think Trump is on to.

• Like 1