Other Dog

General Ike

last I seen/heard from him he was bitchin' and moanin' about some truck parked at the fuel island some where

that was yesterday...on Facebook

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

16 hours ago, j hancock said:

And as usual  "Didn't have time to stop."  

Looks like the same to BMT this time.

Hope he's allright and get back imbalancing pictures soon.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

4 hours ago, MHfred said:

Sounds like someone photochopped someone else out of the picture.

Well...it's a long story, but- One day back last fall Jo called me one morning to see where I was and what I was doing. I was in a tense situation at the time, don't remember exactly what, but I was in the Norfolk area. When we said "good bye" she said "I love you". I said "ok, bye!" About 3 seconds later she called back and said "I said- 'I love you!" So I said "well good for you!" and hung up...probably not the best thing to say, but it's what I said.

That Friday when I was on the way home I called to see if she wanted to go to El Salvador- my favorite restaurant in Altavista, the Mexican place- oh, it's El Cazador- whatever, she said "I already made a sammich, and you know, I think i'll be moving on".

I think she was expecting me to beg and plead for her to stay, but I said "well, ok, see-ya, bye!"  And that was it.

And i've been here with the cat ever since...that reminds me of a Richard Pryor joke:D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

But the strangest thing is this- one night I was going to Oklahoma, and when my driving time was up I pulled into the rest area on I-64 at the Illinois-Indiana line. I looked at my new smart phone- I hadn't long upgraded from the old flip phone, and saw a message request.

And usually I paid no attention to message requests, or just deleted them immediately, but for some reason I clicked "accept" on this one. And as soon as I saw the name I knew exactly who it was. We had dated briefly, back in the early 80's. But she lived far,far away. And then I met my future wife down on this end, the one who died of cancer in 2005. So the long distance relationship ended...until that night.

I'll never forget the conversation. At the time, my facebook profile picture was the one of me sitting in Dr. Bill's PIE truck, when Dave Coutu let me sit in it at Winchester. It says "Oakland, Ca." on the door. Her message said "did you ever live on the east coast?"

I replied "I've lived in Va. all my life- did you ever live in Ct?"

And she just happened to be on right then, and she said "small world".

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.