Getting closer

1 hour ago, Willie dog said:

Not yet. I'm thinkingof having it hand lettered. 

Well worth it to be period proper.   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Any judging shows are a shot in the dark.   It is still upon the decision of the judge as to their interpretation of the rules/guidelines.   Hopefully they are consistent on their opinion so that everyone knows what to expect.  I marvel at the work people put in to those kinds of cars and dream of owning one.  I just know that it will never happen because I USE my vehicles.  They get dirty and scratched.

Like I say, a truck show is a wide open field.  Nut and bolt restorations and "Field" finds.  Both get treated the same way by onlookers. 

Been quite a few years back, I took my '69 F100 up to the local fairgrounds for the big Ford swap meet.   You could park inside the car show for free, but had to be judged.   I laughed, but it beat walking from the back 40.  They came around and picked it apart(like I cared).   I thanked them and walked away.

I have a friend with a '68(?) GT500.   It has top honors, like 995 out of 1000.   He can't bring it to anymore Shelby shows as it is a top winner.  He worked 20 yrs restoring it and it is perfect. 

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I had a 1934 vld Harley Davidson that ran and had most all the original parts.the guy i bought it from got it in the early 50's . Then the fun began 2500.00 dollar exact colors paint job 2000.00 for chrome and nickel plating ,hundreds for motor parts i saved money by doing the engine and trans in my shop. When i got done i didn't want to ride it anymore i was too scared i would wreck it so i sold it i should of left it ruff i used to ride it around the backroads.

I pretty much stopped going to car shows a long time ago, just seemed like it was just a gathering to pick apart and criticize other people's stuff.  I got into truck shows and joined ATHS and ATCA about 1991, what a difference. No judging or negativity, and a whole lot more interesting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davehummell said:

I had a 1934 vld Harley Davidson that ran and had most all the original parts.the guy i bought it from got it in the early 50's . Then the fun began 2500.00 dollar exact colors paint job 2000.00 for chrome and nickel plating ,hundreds for motor parts i saved money by doing the engine and trans in my shop. When i got done i didn't want to ride it anymore i was too scared i would wreck it so i sold it i should of left it ruff i used to ride it around the backroads.

I have a pair of Indian Chiefs, a 52 and a 53 (close to the last made) I ride the wheels off them along with my 50 Hydra Glide. Even used my JD when I had it. Up to Laconia, to Poccano, Lime Rock  even to the IGA. All restored and the 50 I went over board, white rubber pads and grips, polished cases, gold hardware. But if something happens to it, I'll fix it. I restored them to use and when I wear them out I'll do it again if I'm still alive. Same as my B Mixer, converting to AWD with a Tip Turbine 300, and converted the mixer to Hydraulic drive and it is going to work hauling concrete for all the construction on  my property in Virginia. Built a 81 Camaro for a good friend,  goes to get inspected once a year, other wise it sits in his garage and gets worried over. Longest ride was when I delivered it  5 miles from my house to his.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE