Annoying commercials & Common Sense

VaPatentman

Cranky?  Old?  Possibly. 

But you are not wrong.

What about the woman that returned a "live" Christmas tree to Costco after the holiday and was able to get a refund?

https://nypost.com/2018/01/10/woman-returns-dead-christmas-tree-to-costco-in-january/

Lack of common sense has become the new norm.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I saw that commercial and after seeing it i will never use that company. I got rid of the directv nothing i wanted to watch and if there was it was something i seen 5 times before. I just got that hulu with no commercials my naps on the couch only cost 11.00 a month before it was 117.00. That woman should of got kicked out the front door to never shop anyware again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:
  1.  Dad wont be pissed if you damage the rim or tire to get to a safe spot 

That's the  biggest thing that stumps me.   The tire is already went flat so something is wrong with it.    I would drive a vehicle with a flat tire and chance reruining (if that's a word)  a already damaged tire before changing it in the middle of the road like some people do.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VaPatentman said:

Annoying commercials, I would be mortified if my son didn’t know what a lug wrench was as depicted by an insurance company. I have two daughters and some of the first orders of business when teaching them to drive was to backup using the mirrors, know how to check the oil and change a tire, drive a standard transmission and never stop on the shoulder of the road unless it was a true emergency. (IE: something more pressing than to let the dog out to pee or switch seats). The older I get,  the more I witness more the death of common sense. Am I just a cranky old man?

cranky old man? possibly` but you don`t get to claim that all by yourself :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Before Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small will be taken for their Driver's License Exam, they will demonstrate to me the following:

1. Checking tire pressure and how to inflate
  2. Checking oil, ATF, power steering, coolant levels, belts
  3. Using the OEM jack, wrench and spare, change a tire in front of me while discussing the best locations to change a tire and that Dad wont be pissed if you damage the rim or tire to get to a safe spot
  4. That if you call Dad at 0300 to "come and change your tire" not to be offended when he laughs and hangs up on you. 

So far Large will do it in his sleep. Medium will probably be able to do it but will bitch the whole time. Small will probably be able to do it and Extra Small is still being determined. 

Yeah, right, that's a good one! 

It'll be more like this-

Large- "Dad, i've got a-"

Dad- "well what do you expect me to do about it, fix your own problem- bye!"

Extra Small- "Dad, i've-"

Dad- "where are you sweety, i'll be right there!"

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

5 minutes ago, other dog said:

It'll be more like this-

was thinking the same thing

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Kinda like the weatherman  saying dress warm in the winter and drink water in the summer. And I love when you try to tell a young person something  and they look at you like wtf.told my nephew to get long under wear insulated pants and maybe carhartt  bibs last week in Illinois  when it was -8.he got frostbite cause his sweat pants weren't  enough.  WTF!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, other dog said:

It'll be more like this-

As stubborn as she is, she probably won't even call me and fix it herself. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Va patentman, yes you are old and cranky! So am I, the proper term is curmudgeon, the yuppie term is anachronism! IE old f..k that liked things better 40 years ago! What was the kid that got the free tire change doing out at 3am! And why is mom so happy! When my youngest kid was in college ( football scholarship) he had to show his classmates boy and girl how to check their oil! He and his offensive lineman buddies changed the engine in his 76 Granada in the parking lot among the BMWs and new sport utilities! Big audience daily ! What's that thing on top of the engine? Oh a carburetor! How come my Beemer doesn't have one?(because it's not 20 years old!) Lol!

11 minutes ago, Ezrider said:

when i was a teenager, i had a old car had a engine fire about 150 or so miles from home after the fire department came and put my car out and it was a total wreck i called my dad and he goes well i guess your have to figure something out.....lol

several years later i was around 18 or so had moved over 1000 miles from home, was working paying my rent ect. old pickup i had died for good had been walking back and forth to work around 10 miles each way for a few weeks. found a car i car i wanted to buy but was a couple hundred bucks short. of the lowest the guy would take for it. but seemed like a pretty decent car. called my dad to see if maybe he would be able to help me out. he said, well im sure your figure something out. 

that is only a couple examples

i remember getting upset about it at the time but guess what i know how to take care of myself and get things done and make my own way rather than expect someone else to make it for you. if that makes sense. 

we were not well off growing up im sure there are many times he would have wanted to help with things but just was not able to. but we always had a roof over our head and food in our stomachs even if it was spaghetti for the 4th night that week. looking back on it now i am grateful for what we had including the hard lessons. 

:thumb: