No more Boy Scouts

B MACK

The Girl Scouts of the USA has issued a blistering rebuke of the Boy Scout's decision to begin letting girls into the ranks of its troops. "We, the Girl Scouts have no plans or desire to start accepting boys in the wake of news that the Boy Scouts will start welcoming girls into the organization".

"The Boy Scouts' house is on fire," a Girl Scouts spokeswoman told ABC News in a statement today. "Instead of addressing systemic issues of continuing sexual assault, financial mismanagement and deficient programming, BSA's senior management wants to add an accelerant to the house fire by recruiting girls."

The Girl Scouts appeared to respond negatively Wednesday to the Boy Scouts' decision with a blog post citing what it said is the power of the "single-gender environment."

"Girl Scouts is the best girl only leadership organization in the world, created by, with and for girls," the organization wrote in the post. "We believe strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led, and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a free space for girls to learn and thrive."

It continued, "The benefit of the single-gender environment has been well-documented by educators, scholars, other girl- and youth-serving organizations, and Girl Scouts and their families. Girl Scouts offers a one-of-a-kind experience specifically for girls with a program tailored specifically to their unique developmental needs."

The Boy Scouts  organization’s leaders have gone on record stating that they are “an inclusive organization…If a child identifies as a boy and the child presents herself as a boy , the Boy Scouts  welcome her as a Boy  Scout.”   Young seven-year-old Bobbi – born a girl, yet insists that she is a boy – can now be a member of what has until recently been an organization designed exclusively for young males.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There have been girls in Boy Scout for years.  Sea Scouts, Venturing and Explorer which has been part of Boy Scout been coed since 1969. Boy Scout of America is a member of World Organization of the Scout Movement which have 168 other members, Of the 169 members of World Organization of the Scout Movement only about  10 members were not fully coed. What news media do not report it will not be fully coed. Each unit must get permission from  their chartered organization to accept girls. In Cub scouting the small unit is call a den. Each den have six to eight boys. All dens together make  up the large unit call a Pack and in Boy Scout the smaller unit is a patrol and large unit is the Troop.  In Cub scout we will have three options. First option is that dens cannot be coed. Second option there will a Pack with all boys and a Pack with all girls that may or may not have same unit number. Last option is that we do not accept any girls. As with Sea Scouts, Venturing and Explorer we will need two deep leadership which must be 21 fully training and have background checks and must be a female and other a male at all times. Biggest problem with Scouting is getting adults to sign up to be leaders. There is Girl scout unit that meet at same place the Cub/Boy Scouts meet. I can see full unit of Girl Scout turning in their Girl Scout uniform and putting on Boy Scout uniform. I can see at our chartered organization will have 2 Cub Scout Pack and 2 Boy Scouting Troop. And I can see  the word BOY will be drop and it will be call Scouting in America

• Like 1

I remember being a Boy Scout and it was a lot of fun.   I can also sit here and think girls in Boy Scouts hmmm???      That sounds like it would have been great!     I now have 2 boys of my own and if I had a daughter there is no way in hell id let her join Boy Scouts!    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, B MACK said:

I heard this past week that girls are now able to join the "Boy Scouts of America" .    And there are girls playing on boys football teams.  Why is it now adays girls (and their mothers too) think they have to prove something.     When I was a Boy Scout my sister who was a year older than me, was a Girl Scout.   Yes she did the girl type learning things in the Girl Scouts, but she and her troupe did do some out door things also.  They went to summer camp, in tents and camp fires.    Don't get me wrong, it would have been "fun" going camping with a girl.  But boys will be boys, and then these girls mothers' will then be up set.  Even if it's only that some boy tries to sneak a peek..     

I three works "because they can" is why they have to be let into the scouts. We have a starving lawyer lurking under any rock big enough to slither under looking to make a name for their self taking these cases. Just like the bakery the liberals tried to ruin because they stood on their beliefs and wouldn't bake a couple queers (yes lets call them what they are) a wedding cake because bakery owners and us here know its just WRONG. They could have just walked away to another bakery but we all know what happens when one refuses a liberal cause their enforcers (liberal media) go into action to run them into bankruptcy. I really feel for my grandchildren the world has been corrupted and I might say in a very short span of time. All I have to say is rock on Trump keep smashing down all the liberal crap they have been slowly ruining our country and with it the boy scouts, girl scouts and other extra curricular activities our kids have been enjoying for many decades.

• Like 1

I guess this means no more peeing behind a tree, Why can't males just have something that is ours, Blacks want to be white, although they claim otherwise, but they want a white women, a used whites caddy and a house in all white neigherhood, women want into every sport, every club, every locker room, surprised they don't want a starp on so they can pee standing up. what do men want, women that act like women, that would be a change, how about a skirt once in a while, that's why women have nice legs, and I don't want to wait in line behind a women to use a urinal.

• Like 2

Yeah, that is all fine. Girls want a little more outdoor program, but why change the "boy scouts". Why not introduce the outdoor activities that girls want into the "girl scouts"..   Things happen when "boys & girls" naturally get together. No need to promote it in the "scouts".  Look what happens now that there are women aboard ships and subs in the Navy.     What do their refer to some of the ships as ---- "the love boat".         Not quite the same as the "boy scouts" or is it???????

• Like 1

I agree girls should have every opportunity to do all the outdoor stuff as well.   My sister hated all the girly stuff they did in the Girl Scouts.     I just think its just setting kids(boys & girls) and scout leaders up for a bad situation.  All though going back to my 14 year old mind I still think it would have been great camping in the dark scary woods with 1 or 2 girls.   

5 hours ago, keg1 said:

I want a set of them

43 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

Me to!

When I get my plasma cutter pantograph un packed and set up I'll run a few dozen or so. I do them in 1/8" S.S.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I started a Lutheran Pioneers group at our church. We do all the things "progressives" generally hate...... Boys become men, Girls become women, pray, bible study, Speak of God openly, learn gender specific skill sets, explore patriotism, etc.   

Scouts have a noble history and would still if they stayed out of California. Follow the cases and all trouble started in Cally and Jersy.

There are a bunch of alternatives to Scouts that will permit you to legally use your good sense. I had my eye on Trail Life USA too, they have a great set up.  

Edited by Mack Technician
correction
  • Like 1

I was in Cub scouts, then on to Boy scouts for a very short time.  I did get in Explorer group in High school.  I was in Electric shop and there was an Electrical Explorer group sponsored by the local Power company.  We had fun.  Did I mention there were a pair of sisters in the group?   Who woulda thunk?

8bb8a6e53e84998d7d60ddd221b00cb5--eagle-

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Back in the early 80's, when I lived in NE PA, both the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts (Had one child in each) were sponsored by the  local Lutheran Church. Scoutmaster was exmilitary and he arranged food and housing at Andrews AFB for both troops to tour DC. The Girl Scout office in Scranton pitched a hissy fit because the boys and girls were going together and denied the girls the "camping" monies the girls had earned selling cookies as the girls were NOT going to the campsite the Girl Scout council owned. One month later there were no Girl Scouts and both the girls and boys were Campfire and they all enjoyed and learned from the DC tour.

• Like 1

Brocky