'81 F on Ebay

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

What would this cost new?

why would someone do this; buy it & store it

put that bad boy to work?

guess every seal in it would go to leaking

F model is very good lookin truck; right there with the R!

I don't know but the same guy has a '74 Pete 352 kit for sale to,same story,only 70 miles on it since it was built and parked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Peterbilt-Glider-Kit-/282167334678?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41b27bd716:g:loUAAOSwdIFX0Zov&item=282167334678

The paint is 35 years old and the truck may not have been stored in an ideal situation.  My memory says that there were many paint problems in that era with various manufacturers because the EPA was "helping" with which products could be used in paint mixes.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

4 hours ago, j hancock said:

The paint is 35 years old and the truck may not have been stored in an ideal situation.  My memory says that there were many paint problems in that era with various manufacturers because the EPA was "helping" with which products could be used in paint mixes.

my pops company ran all red trucks,,,i remember they would look that way just after a few years unless they were polished regularly...bob

is the red paint on the door seals normal Mack painting practice of that era???

today they would paint first and add seals later

not pristine by any means but practically zero miles... I suppose we are guided by the old car "barn find" definition but I have heared that the tin worm could be heard at night when the factory lights were turned out.... so not quite 'rust free'... LOL

BC Mack

1 hour ago, BC Mack said:

is the red paint on the door seals normal Mack painting practice of that era???

today they would paint first and add seals later

not pristine by any means but practically zero miles... I suppose we are guided by the old car "barn find" definition but I have heared that the tin worm could be heard at night when the factory lights were turned out.... so not quite 'rust free'... LOL

BC Mack

No. That truck has been painted in the past.

The donor truck was old......look at the underslung 34,000lb rear suspension. They rode smooth as a Cadillac, but they sagged as well.

Worst of all, it has wedge brakes. I would only buy that truck to obtain the cab, though it has seen weather.

I see the right roof clearance lamp lens is missing, meaning some water might have been entering there. That could explain why the headliner is destroyed on the passenger side.

the peterbilt is no "new truck" either.

a few things i noticed on that were passenger air horn hanging, passenger window broken,rust on the doors, cut, spliced wires, and it looks like the frame has a tweak on the passenger side rear

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..