Finally Moving

41chevy

I just hope all is happy when you get there and get settled. Remember to buy an Isis Flag before you get to your destination, so no one will bother you and yours. You'll get everything for free, even security is great! Also put a light bulb on it at night so it can be seen for miles.

Congratulations   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 41chevy said:

We have had the property in Fork Union Va from the late 1980's. My friend has 250 acres on my right. We have 300 acres and my cousin has 290 acres on our left.  Our drive way is a bit over 1/2 mile in and no lights just reflectors...we know where everything is. We have been moving cars, motorcycles,  trucks, parts and equipment there for close to 2 years and spent as much time as possible there over the past 30 years. Son, daughter in-law and good grandson are in their house in the front of the property on the road now for a year. Got 12 40 foot containers for my shop walls, the three 85 x 25 bases for the container walls were poured over the past year. So we are set to go. Just need a new farm tractor.

Kind of sad because my family settled in Oyster Bay, Long Island over 375 years ago and they've finally driven us off.  :lol:       Paul

Good luck on the move, sometimes a move is a good thing. A few years down the road you will wish you would have done it sooner. Also loved the birthday pizza!

Edited by terry

1 hour ago, terry said:

Good luck on the move, sometimes a move is a good thing. A few years down the road you will wish you would have done it sooner. Also loved the birthday pizza!

Leaving an area where we can't let our bassets bark, park a truck with a name on in overnight in public view in our own driveway, need a fishing license to fish in my own pond on my property. Been planning this since 1983.

59 minutes ago, fxfymn said:

Welcome to VA. Coming to Macungie?

Probably not, it's 50/ 50 right now.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, david wild said:

I loved hauling spuds out of Riverhead, Good luck where ever you end up, PS. really like the ferry ride from Orient Point

Might have hauled some of our spuds if you did it 25 years ago. Between than and now 70% of the land was sold off to keep up with the taxes. They taxed a farm acre the same rate as the Mc Mansion houses abutting us. Taxed and EPA'd out the Duck Farms, ADA'd farm stands for handicap access and even closed the Long Island Antique Auto Museum by not allowing signage.  The people that bought our place grow and sell garlic and Lavender .  .   . God Help them!

After Sandy I hauled a lot of granite to repair the break water at Orient Point State Park never think you were in N.Y. metro area.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

On a Positive note Paul, just think...........you'll be closer to your Nations Capital, and then you can visit the White House on a regular basis. They also have a Donation Box inside the Capital Building. OH how Patriotic.

Probably be fun, I know the President and his tribe family are never there, alway away on our dollars

P.T.CHESHIRE

17 hours ago, 41chevy said:

We have had the property in Fork Union Va from the late 1980's. My friend has 250 acres on my right. We have 300 acres and my cousin has 290 acres on our left.  Our drive way is a bit over 1/2 mile in and no lights just reflectors...we know where everything is. We have been moving cars, motorcycles,  trucks, parts and equipment there for close to 2 years and spent as much time as possible there over the past 30 years. Son, daughter in-law and good grandson are in their house in the front of the property on the road now for a year. Got 12 40 foot containers for my shop walls, the three 85 x 25 bases for the container walls were poured over the past year. So we are set to go. Just need a new farm tractor.

Kind of sad because my family settled in Oyster Bay, Long Island over 375 years ago and they've finally driven us off.  :lol:       Paul

When you get settled in I would like to see some pictures of your shop

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

When you get settled in I would like to see some pictures of your shop

When we get settled and I start the assembly of the container walls and get the final dimensions to order the trusses, I'll be posting photos. Right now all the containers are just in the yard,  full of parts, trucks, machinery, tools and equipment. The pads for the containers have cured and weathered from the fall to now. No cracks or settling, so first thing to do is to place and weld together the first level.       Paul

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/14/2016 at 9:52 PM, j hancock said:

If part of your half mile driveway is sort of straight, it will be a place to tune your drag car!  Put up a set of lights and at least you can check your 60 ft times.

I've been sorting out rear end housing problems for the best part of a year. One housing from Curie had a .190+  inch bow in it, made assemble impossible. A month between shipping it to George Montgomery in Ohio and than them shipped it to Curie so they could see it was not from installation or use. The new one came to me instead of going to Ohio for the bracket installation and air-loc set up. Lost a total of 4 months last season. Ran 5 test and tunes at the local fireman's track and it cut 1.7 on a non prepped pavement, regular strip I should cut 1.4  easily.  Never been to the strip yet. Luckily there are in Va a half dozen 1/4 and 1/8 tracks with in a 100 mile radius of me. Hope to run it next season and will probably need it re-certified for sub 10's with 30 psi boost and 4 stage NOX.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/14/2016 at 11:00 PM, Maddog13407 said:

probably the only thing you will miss is Ny Pizza Paul. good luck

Yup NY pizza, the Polish Festival and probably the most of all the WWII, Korean War and my Vietnam Brothers at the  Long Island Veterans Home, we do a few Bar-B-Ques Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and a few good old B.S. sessions many  times through the year. I'll have to find a new group to adopt.     Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE