Pictures of the Week

other dog

That's terrible, can't imagine the guy didn't hear the tractor. Very sad

all the way around, feel sorry for everybody, the family of the man that lost his life and the driver, he'll live with that the rest of his life.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, 39 Baby Mack said:

That's terrible, can't imagine the guy didn't hear the tractor. Very sad

all the way around, feel sorry for everybody, the family of the man that lost his life and the driver, he'll live with that the rest of his life.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

True that. The man I was talking to said the man on the forklift was there and saw the whole thing. He said he jumped up on the side of the truck and was beating on the window trying to get the driver's attention. When the driver stopped and got out and saw what had happened he got back in the truck and would not get out. The whole thing was caught on the security camera there too he said.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

He asked me about backup beepers on trucks too, he said everything at that job site had backup alarms on them but the trucks coming in didn't. I said I don't know, the truck I drive now has a backup alarm, but it's the first one i've ever driven that had one.

Just unbelievable. Is the site 'noisy'? I suppose the truck could have been quiet....... but man you have to get pretty close to a trailer before someone standing directly behind you disappears in between your mirrors..... tragic.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

BTW, UPS has a similar but more workable solution- Anyone working on or in a trailer places an orange cone in front of it. The driver is not allowed to back under the trailer until the person who placed the orange cone removes it. The railroads do something similar by placing a blue flag on whatever rolling stock they're working on. In industrial maintenance, the workers "lock out" the equipment or circuits they're working on.

• Like 1

In okla dump trucks is kicked off of a job if they did not have a back up beeper.About three years ago on a I44 road job there was a dump tuck backing up to the job site nd ran over a woman that the driver did not see and killed her.This woman was a safety inspector for the construction co doing that job.She was bent down looking into a hole in the ground and did not see the truck.I believe with all of the noise around a job tat you can get use to the beeps and not mean nothing to you after years of hearing them.I know some times you can be sitting still and hear three or four beepers going from different directions.So beepers are good some.Now the state makes all dump trucks to have a back up light and some jobs will not let them on if not installed and working.It just proves that you do not have another minute promised her in this life. 

• Like 2

glenn akers

2 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Just unbelievable. Is the site 'noisy'? I suppose the truck could have been quiet....... but man you have to get pretty close to a trailer before someone standing directly behind you disappears in between your mirrors..... tragic.

Yep, I think there was two trucks from that same company there. They had to drop their trailers last Tuesday because they couldn't get unloaded because of lightning in the area. They were in a different area than we were, and from what I understand they had to back in off the highway to get to their trailers when they came back on Wednesday, so they were probably in a hurry to get off the highway too.

1 hour ago, theakerstwo said:

Now the state makes all dump trucks to have a back up light and some jobs will not let them on if not installed and working.It just proves that you do not have another minute promised her in this life. 

You're right about that. Wouldn't surprise me if backup beepers are required equipment on jobsites after this. This might have happened before at some point in history, but i've never heard of a similar accident before. But I believe that when your time is up, you're going away from here.

• Like 1

I remember my dad arguing with osha at his logging site about his Timco feller bunched and komatsu delimber built from a excavator didn't have back up alarms. Dads argument was that those 2 machines are bidirectional so the beeper actually beeping while you backed up was 50/50 depending on what way your tracks are moving. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

here in jersey if your dump truck does not have a working backup alarm of at least 100 decibel, it fails inspection.

and you will get kicked off any job without it working.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, reflective clothing, backup alarms, etc.  are required on most construction sites. Doesn't matter if you're an employee,             contractor, visitor, or the boss. That's why you'll find such safety equipment on many fleet trucks now.

3 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, reflective clothing, backup alarms, etc.  are required on most construction sites. Doesn't matter if you're an employee,             contractor, visitor, or the boss. That's why you'll find such safety equipment on many fleet trucks now.

We figured we should have our shit together when we got there, so I had my hard hat, glasses, steel toed boots, and reflective safety vest on, but I was still wrong- they also required long sleeves.

That is sad and terrible story. Thank you for getting and explaining the details. Hope it might help to anyone to be safer and have his time later.

Wonder how things will come along with the driver who was backing to the trailer.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

hmmmmmmmmmm is no good at all none of the back up beepers that everyone had are no good any more out here as everybody got used to the noise so now they bought out a squeaker so the sound is different problem is given time the same thing will happen again

I dont know the answer but it aint beepers fluro vest long sleeves hard hats or work boots to a certain degree  a lot of this stuff has made the problem worse according OH&S experts out here now as we no longer thing for our selves ????

Thoughts go to all involved we all wanna go home at the end of the day

Paul

Shit, what a horrible/pointless death. R.I.P. 

Where we work if I'm pulling out of a shed or into a shed I have to sound my horn. If like you say a beeper becomes white noise maybe that could help? 

Or worse case, have a spotter. 

On on a lighter note, coil inspecting is one thing but the rack the coils sit in is just as important. So maybe a rack inspector to follow the coil inspector?

• Like 2

too bad about the forman,,,,same thing happen at my place years back with a dock hand,company rules,everyone has to sound horn when backing,,,horrible way to go lots a prayers for him and everyone involved.thats terrible...bob

When we are operating the fire trucks, anytime the vehicle moves in reverse, the passenger (company officer) has to get out and act as the "Ground Guide." You don't move until he says so, and if you lose sight of him in the mirror, you STOP.

Failure to comply will lead to a vacation without pay for both you and the officer. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

5 hours ago, other dog said:

The rack inspector showed up a few seconds later- she's inspecting her own rack right now.

hotwheel73_cut-out5.png.e73a2d3e3982ae18

Rack inspector's rack is nice, but her legs & what they attach too are incredible!!!