My purchase of a Mack Freedom Supperliner went south

I haven't posted anything in a wile, being retired has kept me busy. On a trip down through Colorado with my Wife we drove through a little town and I noticed a truck garage out side of town and there was a Mack Superliner parked in the yard, I mentionedpost-11538-0-40998000-1446563550_thumb.j it to my Wife as we drove by and she said that's nice, ten minutes later I was still thinking of the Superliner and It dawned on me the color was gray, could that be a Liberty, now ten miles out of town and running behind I turned around to go back my Wife thinking I am crazy. sure enough here sits a Mack Freedom, Stature of Liberty and all. E9 with the big sleeper in excellent original condition, OMG. Turns out he has two Superliners and he will only sell them together. Anyway after months of negotiating he agrees to sell me just the Liberty. Last week when I was planing to drive down to get it he tells me he sold it to someone else. what a disappointment, so I'm pretty bummed out right now but I will get over it. I'm sure someone will be bragging about it pretty soon I know I would. All I have is some pics.

• Like 2

That's too bad. I hate it when things get fishy like that. maybe it will come back to you at some point or some other treasure will reach out when you least expect it.

Good luck in your search and your retirement. My Dad retired and he is busier than ever...having more fun while he is at it. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I t happens, doesn't make you feel any better but it happens. I lost a 1943 MACK N ex Cape Cod Brush Buster. Sent a deposit to the man in Fort Dodge Iowa and was heading to get it and he sold it for more money. Found it a year later in Delaware for sale as parts and lost it again.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's sad indeed.

I was told from our member who has the same RW that there were only 5 Freedom Superdogs with a big bunk built and there were only 2 of them known including ther one he had. It was about a year back though.

If the things keep that way indeed it seems you lost the track of some rare beast.

Sorry to here about that misfortune.

Sometimes it happens to any of us.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I genuinely can't stand when someone sells something out from under when you've already made a deal. Makes you want to just drive back and break their legs. I was really afraid it was going to happen on my 359 but got lucky and it all turned out ok.

Whats the deal with the liberty superliners? Does anyone have a link to more info or a brochure or something so I can learn more about them?

Edited by wayne64ss
  • Like 1

I genuinely can't stand when someone sells something out from under when you've already made a deal. Makes you want to just drive back and break their legs. I was really afraid it was going to happen on my 359 but got lucky and it all turned out ok.

Whats the deal with the liberty superliners? Does anyone have a link to more info or a brochure or something so I can learn more about them?

post-3971-0-37042900-1446751914_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-55393000-1446751947_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012