B-73 Restoration

13 hours ago, yarnall said:

Just make that hood red and put the damn thing back together. You’ve dragged this out long enough!!!!  Macungie is only 2 months away. 

Boy Oh Boy, Todays youth are so inpatient! Maybe Old men I don't know your age, for sure an incredible undertaking. Think Matt has been working on this for 4 years?? Oh crap it is looking like 7 years maybe actual time start to finish, wow time flies.

Took me 1995-2013 to get mine done, that is only 18 years, You can't rush Perfection, Matt is doing Fine 👍

I want to see it completed before... you know I die as well... but it will be the best NEW, OLD, B Model in the country if not the World!!!!

Love Macungie, Don't think I will make it this year with Biden... I mean fuel prices... It would be over $5,000 round trip in the Superliner with trailer and other two on deck. All in about $7,500 for the trip, LOL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

Ok, I’ll run to the hardware store to see if I can find some rattle can paint to match, clarinet reeds and scotch tape and strap this whole thing back together to see if I can make it!,😂😂

Tractor supply has farmall red. Just get it done. We’re getting bored with this.   Next project:  paint the Caddy John Deere green. 

Edited by yarnall
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I think some of us are getting anxious to see some of that gorgeous sheet metal bolted together,,,,,,, it would not surprise me if you did not complete it this year …. Possibly if your completely retired… bob

No, I’m dying to see it together too and a little anxious about putting the cab on without dropping it! Also, not fully retired yet, but my new career gives me a lot of time to do things in the winter months and things will really pick up in May for the summer. So, I’m pushing to get as much done now.

• Like 2

1961H67 awesome pictures!! I’m so glad all those parts were so helpful. This little blog has been so helpful to me in keeping me focused and on track and I’m even happier that it has helped you in your efforts, along with others who maybe are just here to read through it. It has been quite the journey thus far!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Matt and H67, I want to thank you both for posting progress pictures of your restorations.. I am simply amazed at the skill level in both of your restorations.. 

Remind you of anyone who restored a couple Brockways  🤔

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

1961H67 awesome pictures!! I’m so glad all those parts were so helpful. This little blog has been so helpful to me in keeping me focused and on track and I’m even happier that it has helped you in your efforts, along with others who maybe are just here to read through it. It has been quite the journey thus far!!

can look at it this way;; "has been quite the journey thus far". astronauts go for a journey - all they do is ride around the earth a few times, come back and are forgotten, your journey not only has given you a project of pride but has been an inspiration to many: myself included.  you step out the door and still see your journey sitting in the driveway or even better at a truck show with so many people in awe staring at it. tried to up load my B73/75 L cab (1/25th scale) ; won't work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Remind you of anyone who restored a couple Brockways  🤔

The Millard Family!!!  Tom posted some pictures on Farcebook with pictures of a Chevy pickup he is restoring with his brother..

• Like 1

Brocky

Excellent! They look straight, but yeah they’ll need some work. Splicing two together will be a challenge. It’s really starting to look good. I think your idea about the original paint scheme will certainly make it stand out for sure. Great to see it coming along.

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Wow matt all I see is lots of brand new stuff they’re excellent …  also am I screwy or is this other fellow building two trucks with the same time …bob 

No, two different trucks. The one with the fender is 1961H67's, he's working on an LJ. We've been comparing notes and helping each other out.

I get that……. But isn’t he building an H model at the same time?????? Also I did not know LJ fenders were so hard to find frankly I think it’s just a matter of people that have them are not presenting them in any way shape or form they’re mainly just sitting behind peoples businesses farms junkyards so on so forth I’m sure that’s what everybody’s main problem is they dont know where to look … bob

Bob  I’m sure your exactly correct on LJs setting around in hidden places, I’ve asked all the people I know who have restored LJs and have come up short on a good set of fenders, I have 2 parts LJs and the fenders are pretty bad, the cab parts I got from Matt helped me a bunch. I would love to find good set before I start making a set, if anyone has any leads I would appreciate it.   Dean