B-73 Restoration

for HD construction the B81  is the best. for HD / road work the B73/75 series is tops. when Doug Allen and I finally talked waterbury mack into up dating the ole '57 Diamond T wrecker . a B75 was unit of choice . Sillaman  traded in a fleet of them to bridgeport  location. Doug and i went down picked the one WE wanted!LOL   ,, no way   said boss. we ended up with a B61  with unishift.

• Like 1

following this project . seeing the results is amazing. not to mention the clean work area.question i have is ;;in picture 2 the jack stands look familiar, did you attend an auction in oxford back in 2011? Matt P . was there also.i had a homemade set of stands  similar. those and many other items were bought 

50 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

following this project . seeing the results is amazing. not to mention the clean work area.question i have is ;;in picture 2 the jack stands look familiar, did you attend an auction in oxford back in 2011? Matt P . was there also.i had a homemade set of stands  similar. those and many other items were bought 

Jackstands? I see two different types of sawhorses if I'm looking at the same photo? No, I was never at an auction in Oxford.

I probably should explain myself I have never been the type to pick up after I was partially done with a job that’s how I wound up with 30 feet of work bench here recently that was completely covered and no room to put anything now if I’m not done with the job I still put everything away when I am through for the day..: bob

By the way I’m still looking for a set of LJ fenders, I have 3 sets , The ones that came on it have the “Horns “ that goes against the Radiator Shroud,, the back of both are rotten, I have some fairly good ones off a LJ gas parts truck, I may end up cutting 4 to make 2 ,, Not sure how that will come out, still looking if anyone has any leads on any. 

8 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

By the way I’m still looking for a set of LJ fenders, I have 3 sets , The ones that came on it have the “Horns “ that goes against the Radiator Shroud,, the back of both are rotten, I have some fairly good ones off a LJ gas parts truck, I may end up cutting 4 to make 2 ,, Not sure how that will come out, still looking if anyone has any leads on any. 

L parts pretty scarce, as you're aware, especially cab parts. Fenders are a whole separate issue, as there's several variations. Splicing a few together might not be too bad to make a good pair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I can see you put a lot of time in those, It will all pay off when you put the finish color on them. Rained all day down here, I spent most of the day organizing what I have to have sandblasted, What’s ready for primer. I sent my fenders to be blasted, next step is cutting up 4 to make 1 good set . Thanks for my mid week Motivation Pictures! 

• Like 1