B-73 Restoration

What kind of marker lights did you use ? Mine were trash, One of my parts LJs has a decent looking set of 517s on it but the gaskets are rotten and I’m sure I would have to replace the bulb sockets . Not that far along yet, just trying to make a list, I’m trying to make it end up looking like it was when Coke bought it new. My head liner and interior is probably going to be the next big hurdle, The cab is getting close to start putting some paint on . ( I’m trying to catch up on my 2 weeks detour on playing with Jake Brakes , lol ) 

1 hour ago, 1961H67 said:

What kind of marker lights did you use ? Mine were trash, One of my parts LJs has a decent looking set of 517s on it but the gaskets are rotten and I’m sure I would have to replace the bulb sockets . Not that far along yet, just trying to make a list, I’m trying to make it end up looking like it was when Coke bought it new. My head liner and interior is probably going to be the next big hurdle, The cab is getting close to start putting some paint on . ( I’m trying to catch up on my 2 weeks detour on playing with Jake Brakes , lol ) 

I found a set of NOS KD517's still in the boxes a while back. I had to flatten the bases to fit the roof profile a little bit. I have a few old bases that are still usable, if you want I can send you some pictures? Someone else asked me about them but never followed up to what I sent them.

That's great and I'm glad it's given you some motivation!! I've been at it not quite that long, but I would say an earnest effort over the last six years and had it stored about 20. It does get tough at times to stay motivated, but when things start looking this nice it really helps.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Yes ,, I restored My H Model & C Model,, and when you see that light at the end of the Tunnel it Sure makes a difference! Especially with the Perfection you have put in to yours! 

"Perfection".  Yeah, I think that's the word!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

looks terrific you fellas make me feel little better had my DM 27 years havent done shit,,maybe 24 wrk hrs total..mainly waiting on own home,,then waiting on garage,now finally ready to start and waiting on parts..but thru the years,ive collected allotta much needed and hard to find parts ...glad im not the only one ....wife thinks im out of my mind,and wondering why i havent got rid of that overgrown eyesore long ago lol.bob

Beautiful! I dropped by the paint store today and bought a gallon of epoxy primer for the LJ ,I can’t wait to see the cab all one color ( even if it is gray primer) . Watching you paint everything separately and putting it all together is like watching someone building a High Precision Detail Model! 

• Like 2

It is nice when things start to turn one solid color. It starts looking more complete and finished. I started doing smaller batches because when I’m doing finish work I seem to get a better product and can concentrate on that individual piece than running back and forth to cover several. Large batches, like the frame parts, I wasn’t so concerned with gloss but more for coverage.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, mowerman said:

I put a 327 Chevy engine  together one time in a laundry room in the house I didn’t have a garage and the parts were all cleaned up from the machine shop it really wasn’t anything messy. Bob 

Bob, are you saying that you put that engine in the washing machine and then the cloths dryer and it came out running like a sewing machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1