Value-Liner scale model finished.

On the pics it looks awesome!

I'd say a bit better than a real one.

All the wires and pipes under the hood and in the chassis seem correct and take this truck apart from just toys.

Openable doors turned out perfect.

What did you use for the cab as a basis? 1/25 AMT or 1/24 italery?

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Beautiful Work! The details and colors a perfect!!

With the right back ground it would be hard to tell from the real deal. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Vlad, the cab is AMT 1:25 but with a lot of modifications, as is the motor and drivetrain.

I take the point about the battery and lights, kind of let myself down there but I'm making up for it with the RS700 I'm working on now. The motor runs.

Alastair

• Like 2

awesome, just perfect!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

post-10557-0-08187100-1436270294_thumb.j

Increadable detail my friend... Are you entering this into a model contest?

Thanks for all your help with this. You answered a whole lot of questions which helped enormously with the under the hood detail. I entered it in the annual truck model show over here in June and got a first in the US/Australian truck category.

Spectacular, particularly the engine decal. Question arises, though: where are the Value Liner emblems?

Thanks very much. Regarding the emblem, the truck in the '78 brochure doesn't have it so I left it off. Personally, I think that emblem is a bit fussy and doesn't really go with the Mack script and RS emblems so it suited me to leave it off. If I'm honest I'm not really a fan of the name either. Mack obviously wanted it to fit in with the Cruise-Liner and Super-Liner model range but I prefer the old 'RS/RL600' terminology. That said the trucks looked great!

attachicon.gifvliner_0002.jpg

Thanks very much. Regarding the emblem, the truck in the '78 brochure doesn't have it so I left it off. Personally, I think that emblem is a bit fussy and doesn't really go with the Mack script and RS emblems so it suited me to leave it off. If I'm honest I'm not really a fan of the name either. Mack obviously wanted it to fit in with the Cruise-Liner and Super-Liner model range but I prefer the old 'RS/RL600' terminology.

I am in complete agreement. I never was crazy about that name, either, always preferred the RS/RL badging. Let me say again that is a spectacular effort. Congratulations.