Now I'm Ready for the Shows

fxfymn

Very nice. Good Luck with it! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Now find a single axle R so when the Freightliner dies you can put the body on a Mack,lol. Looks like a good find to me and a 3126 may not be a powerhouse but they're decent on fuel if you do your part.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice. A friend I race with had a FL120 few years back. 430 Cat/10 SPD autoshift with same basic conversion. It was a nice outfit. He downsized after a few years and sold it again.

I'm sure you will get years of use out of it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks for all the kind comments. I wouldn't defame the dog by putting it on any other brand.

I gave thought to using an older rig; R or maybe even a B, to do a custom conversion. The problem is getting reliability and comfort out of an older rig. Like it or not the newer stuff is just more comfortable and reliable.

No I have not found storage, but with this rig pulling back and forth shouldn't be a big deal.

The previous owner told me he got 11-13 mpg pulling a 40' tri-axle race car trailer as long as he drove with some patience. The 3500HD Duramax I'm using now gets around 9 - 10 mpg, so it should be about the same at the very worst.

I hope to see all of you in York and/or Macungie.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Congrats on the new rig!

It looks very good from the pics and comfortable.

Shure it's not a Mack although it's ready to do what you need of it.

I would keep it as is and save time/power/cash for other real antique projects.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Looks good! I'm working on a FORD C model myself that will be a camper. Thanks for posting the interior pics. I get a bunch ideas from you guys. Superdog,I am going to mount a :bulldog1: on mine,to kind of tip my hat to the N model! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This is the unit I drove when I was still with the race team before coming to "the dark side". Always parked inside excpet when at the race track and the one time I brought it home which is where the profile pic was taken. Drove like a dream, topped out at 87 mph, and depending on how heavy my foot was the MPG was between 9 & 14 loaded with all our gear, 1 or 2 racecars, food & drink for a 2 day show.

post-45-0-23648700-1423572915_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-30936800-1423572937_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-08999500-1423573019_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-75495700-1423573034_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-43641400-1423573068_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-92987800-1423573097_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Finally brought it home yesterday after having the deal almost fall through. The check engine light was flashing when I test drove it and the owner told me he would have it repaired. When he took it to the Cat dealer they could not find any codes except a code showing an internal fault to the ECM. The only solution was to replace the ECM for around $2500.00 even though the truck ran perfectly. Understandably he balked a bit, but I wouldn't take the truck until the light was fixed, so he stepped up and had the repair performed. A real gentleman who did what he said he would without me having to get crappy with him.

Man this thing is quick for its size. He told me it really likes 65-70 mph and he was right. It was hard to hold it to 55 or less. The DW followed me home and when we stopped for fuel she pointed out I was driving it on his tags, without my insurance and still running about 15-20 over the limit. Questions of my sense and sanity ensued.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!