Happy Thanksgiving

41chevy

All have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. For our members on the road tomorrow, thank you.

Getting ready here, got my fresh bird (Freddie) soaking in the brine sauna and in the morning after a few hours in fresh brine it goes out to the back yard and into deep fryer. Paul

post-3242-0-17570600-1417028721.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Happy Thanksgiving !!! Always wanted to try frying a turkey....

It's better than sex, beer, sippin whisky hell it's just plain good.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've seen them cooking in a big aluminum pot with a propane tank hooked to it,thought it looked a little dangerous myself,just wondered if the payoff was worth the effort.........................Mark

I put my fryer in the middle of a 25x25 pad. Put the turkey in cold fryer and just cover with oil plus and a 1/2 more. Remove turkey and Pre heat oil to 325, I lower the turkey and basket in with a Gaffe hook very slowly takes a minute or so to stop spitting. Slip the gaffe off and put on the lid. Screw up and you'll get severe burns or worse. You have X gallons of oil @ 300+ degrees and a turkey @ 45 or 50 degrees. Been doing Fresh Turkey, Fresh Ham, Clams and Twinkies this way for 5 or so years.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul & everyone else,right back @ ya! I deep fried 'em for years.....mmmmmmmmmmm good! Had a flameout one time.......too much oil,too much Colorado cool-aid.......oil overflowed.......started burnin'............ouchhh...........changed cooking methods...... Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA