1948 ford f1

gicknordon

That's some nice work on both the front-end and rear,gonna be a nice truck when done.Always liked that style Ford,but personally i'da put a smallblock Chevy in it! (Sorry Lol!)...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Very nice work on the chassis. Ford in a Ford Glad to see that!! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks guys! Yeah i always hate seeing a chevy in a ford, although the t56 im using is technically out of a camaro. I justified it because its not technically a chevy transmission since mustangs and vipers and other performance cars also used the same transmission.

Nice work so far. Good lord at least you didn't do an LS swap!!!! Geezus that would make ol Henry roll! Heck an ol roller cam 302 and T5 would make that thing scoot and be very light weight on the nose compared to that locomotive sized Lima!! LOL!!

I looked at a '51 back in the very early 80's. I wanted it BAD!!! It was all stock, all original and came from the south so it was rust free. I just got my license and had no money so it was a moot point.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You guys almost make me ashamed of myself (almost) Lol! so far I've put a 350/TH- 350 in a Dodge "Little Red Truck" 454/TH-400 in a 32 Ford Coupe,305 4-Speed in a 74 Bronco,NICE (built by me) 327/Muncie 4 speed in a 55 F-100,and counting!nothing at all against Fords or Mopars,just a personal preference...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice work so far. Good lord at least you didn't do an LS swap!!!! Geezus that would make ol Henry roll! Heck an ol roller cam 302 and T5 would make that thing scoot and be very light weight on the nose compared to that locomotive sized Lima!! LOL!!

I looked at a '51 back in the very early 80's. I wanted it BAD!!! It was all stock, all original and came from the south so it was rust free. I just got my license and had no money so it was a moot point.

The expected 525 hp and 525 ft lbs of torque should get it moving pretty good. Aluminum heads and intake will take some weight out of it as well.

Hearing' ya on the time/money factor,Matt! I think a lot of us suffer from that! Nice truck,Nick. A buddy has a '52 that I have first dibs on when he goes to sell it. Has a Buick Nailhead in it now that will be removed & sold to a Buick nut. Thinking a turboed 4bt Cummins might go good on the engine bay.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Hearing' ya on the time/money factor,Matt! I think a lot of us suffer from that! Nice truck,Nick. A buddy has a '52 that I have first dibs on when he goes to sell it. Has a Buick Nailhead in it now that will be removed & sold to a Buick nut. Thinking a turboed 4bt Cummins might go good on the engine bay.

Hint Hint. . . I could used the Nailhead for my 51 Vicky. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 years later...

Truck is very close to being road legal. I just moved to Michigan at the beginning of the summer, so it will be easier to get it on the road than if I was in still in PA.  Here are a few pictures, but if you follow the link from earlier, you can see more of what Ive done.

WP_20150307_002_zpsj7xmlzci.jpg

WP_20150309_003_zpscstxuj6p.jpg

WP_20150310_001_zpsblzdg1af.jpg

WP_20150310_002_zpssoth8vef.jpg

WP_20150310_003_zpsaote9gf2.jpg

WP_20150313_005_zpsb23mdmzw.jpg

WP_20160213_0031_zps28xotthx.jpg

WP_20160215_002_zps3di9mzac.jpg

WP_20160215_011_zpsokrjcaiw.jpg

20160529_164731_zpsnngnu3vh.jpg

20161009_180155_zpsgcr7htrc.jpg

Edited by gicknordon
Video didnt work
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Outstanding Nick-first time I have seen your thread-but let me ad my congrats on a Ford in a Ford! Nothing hurts me more than to see say a nice 32 Ford with the distributor on the wrong end!:D

Only thing?? A red 429?

I painted it red because the original flat head would have been red. The color is actually "Ford Red". I thought it would be a neat little tid-bit for the history of the truck. Plus red and black is my favorite color combination.

Edited by gicknordon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gicknordon said:

I painted it red because the original flat head would have been red. The color is actually "Ford Red". I thought it would be a neat little tid-bit for the history of the truck. Plus red and black is my favorite color combination.

Ok Nick-thx for education!  Only flathead color I remember is "rust":D

around 10 years ago there was a guy at the englishtown nj swap meet and car show that had a blown 460 ford engine in a corvette. he reason for doing it?? to piss off all the people that felt it was ok to put a chevy engine in anything with wheels under it. 

what was even more of an insult to the chevy crowd was the fact that it would run circles around all the big block chevy powered anythings it went up against. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..