tender box in the making

gearhead204

They retiring both of them? i thought it was pretty neat to see any old workhorse still working especially when it is as big as that plane. http://www.martinmars.com

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Bob, hey i have a 2 mile long lake just off the west end of the property, that should be enough runway to get a bunch of cherrys headed east!and its on the way to florida, sounds like a win win!! im still waiting for the BMT members to send the good will payment to help cover the cost of picking and transporting these "free cherrys" once i receive the payments I will contact you Bob...... ah i gotta go check the mail box I'm sure the first of the payments will be waiting there for me!

Hey Gearhead....

your lake is too short for the Mars, what you say if it just scoops the cherries right off the trees and drops them off on the way to Florida? :whistling:

got used to seeing the Mars every summer... Coulson now getting C130's... the remaining Mars will be training Chinese aerial applicators this summer, bunch of them coming over to learn about big flying boat operations, story is they are building new planes in China but don't know squat about fire bombing.

here is a demo of the Mars at a logging convention in Vancouver BC... I was watching from the other side of the harbour

BC Mack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJtXTRIWiU

• Like 1

Well the cherry story gets worse! come to find out the warehouse fire in wenatchee also had 14 tons of my export quality cherrys stored inside.....now waiting to hear what the insurance is going to do and how they will determine quality and quanity, as the trucks are not weighed, the picked fruit is weighed on the packing line.

then on the way back from Omak i saw this thunder head brewing up....then realized it was a fire blowing up! later found out it was in Canada,or at least started there!

post-15818-0-32633600-1435890795_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Well the cherry story gets worse! come to find out the warehouse fire in wenatchee also had 14 tons of my export quality cherrys stored inside.....now waiting to hear what the insurance is going to do and how they will determine quality and quanity, as the trucks are not weighed, the picked fruit is weighed on the packing line.

then on the way back from Omak i saw this thunder head brewing up....then realized it was a fire blowing up! later found out it was in Canada,or at least started there!

[

Ok an up date on the fire i seen in canada, well its in the state, and about 15 air miles from me and is now 3000ac. up from 1500ac two days ago. Our fire dept. got called out for a medical call and so i took a few pics of the newley formed base camp 7 miles up the road.

the photos are from 1st. north, then rotating counter clockwise to the south. the blue tarp is the service pad for the wildland engines. the smoke plume was almost nonexistant as the wind was blowing from the south east today, pushing the fire back on its self. i will try to get some helo pics when they have shut down for the night.

post-15818-0-53055300-1436654453_thumb.j

post-15818-0-67294400-1436654487_thumb.j

post-15818-0-60264700-1436654527_thumb.j

post-15818-0-53447600-1436654554_thumb.j

post-15818-0-05086800-1436654592_thumb.j

• Like 1

took a drive today, just this little rotor was on deck, the big'uns im guessing were on the fire.Caught a nice break yesterday, wind shifted and blew back on the fire sending it towards Canada again. Also temp dropped 30 degrees only 73 here today and also a few rain showers! The neighbor is making out well renting his place to the fire crew, $1200.00 a day, maybe i need a fire closer to me so i get a little mad....oops i meet MACK money

post-15818-0-76227100-1436757881_thumb.j

post-15818-0-70106200-1436757925_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

we will be on the national news soon! major lightning storm last 20 hours or so whole damn country is on fire except in our fire district (so far) large fire less than 10 miles south of me 3 large fires to the east of me and another further west of me. severe wind has fixed wing aircraft grounded,state is out of resources in our area, another large fire burning in the town of Chelan Wa. 80 miles south of me, plus a 6 thousand acre burning up lake from the fire in town. just heard that the chelan fire has jumped the columbia river to the east and now burning up mcneil canyon towards Waterville, that wont be good all dryland wheat fiels up there. wind is still blowing here tonight, and will be on pins and needles for a while, a plane crash thursday started a 2000 acre fire east of me took out the old cow pasture that our family used to rent, talked to a neighbor that still helps out on that ranch and all he said was it wasnt good dont yet know if cows are lost, suspect some will be scattered into Canada. two souls lost in the plane crash, not yet identified.

• Like 1

we will be on the national news soon! major lightning storm last 20 hours or so whole damn country is on fire except in our fire district (so far) large fire less than 10 miles south of me 3 large fires to the east of me and another further west of me. severe wind has fixed wing aircraft grounded,state is out of resources in our area, another large fire burning in the town of Chelan Wa. 80 miles south of me, plus a 6 thousand acre burning up lake from the fire in town. just heard that the chelan fire has jumped the columbia river to the east and now burning up mcneil canyon towards Waterville, that wont be good all dryland wheat fiels up there. wind is still blowing here tonight, and will be on pins and needles for a while, a plane crash thursday started a 2000 acre fire east of me took out the old cow pasture that our family used to rent, talked to a neighbor that still helps out on that ranch and all he said was it wasnt good dont yet know if cows are lost, suspect some will be scattered into Canada. two souls lost in the plane crash, not yet identified.

I hope the fires do not get any closer to you an your home. Sorry for anyone in the fire area.

• Like 1

Be safe!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

thanks for the thoughts guys, were still ok here this morning wind is forcasted to blow again up to 15 mph and we may get a trace of rain up to a tenth of an inch. wish i could post some pics but my phone is constapated and wont send pics now. and i dont know how to lift pics off of face book. the chelan fire has some awsome pics of dc10's dropping retardent in town also sakorsky's ( i know i misspelled that) suching water out of lake chelan to drop on the fires.

• Like 2

good we are on inmate and national guard crews prior to yesterdays storms..........also the crashed air plane members turned out to be a couple of guys from just up the road from me one a u.s. resident the other a Canadian resident down here at his lake property. the guys went for a sight seeing trip and crashed, the piliot was in his 80's and a local orchardist,damn nice guy too I'll miss him!

thanks for the thoughts guys, were still ok here this morning wind is forcasted to blow again up to 15 mph and we may get a trace of rain up to a tenth of an inch. wish i could post some pics but my phone is constapated and wont send pics now. and i dont know how to lift pics off of face book. the chelan fire has some awsome pics of dc10's dropping retardent in town also sakorsky's ( i know i misspelled that) suching water out of lake chelan to drop on the fires.

still pic taken from Tanker10 llc site... should be three flying by now, hell of an airtanker makes the old A26 I worked on look like a model kit..!!!

and youtube of Chelan drop

BC Mack

post-10384-0-55774300-1439684967_thumb.j

• Like 2

thanks B.C. very impressive tanker! just wished our lame ass goverment would put some of these together so we didnt have to demend on our friends to the north, thankfully they fly better than the motorhome driving bunch drive LOL!

There was nothing on the local news here, but BBC ran about 5 minutes of video on the fires. Looks like hell on earth. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE