tender box in the making

gearhead204

Just looked at the long range (10 day) forecast o% precip. tomorrow the cool day of the week at 88f the local news showed red flag warnings and 9% humidity, this time next 103f with a overnight low of 70f its been 85f here the last three mornings by 8:30 am. already a 6000 acre brush fire burning 75 miles south of here in Chelan co. I think the ole American general m925 will be seeing some action!

Be careful, not one in the Barrens....yet. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

slpwlkr are you talking about 82 between Ellensburg and Yakama? if so I know that hill fairly well as I haul my apples that way to Selah, and yes at 100,000 it makes the e-9 sweat a little

thats the one

just an update the Chelan fire grew to 18,000 acres overnight

slpwlker mile post 22 is where the 450hp e9 tried to eat a couple of rod brgs, thats the north side of the south summit before dropping off to Selah. wasn't a good day

YEP he don't have brains enough to do that again! ( I think that's what shot out through the eye socket ) 7500 volts lit his fuzzy little ass right up!!! I got lucky on that one that we were home and caught it right away :twothumbsup: had a small thunder storm roll through this morning only heard a couple slaps of thunder, but the way the winds blowing if it hit close to anything combustible we'll know shortly.

• Like 2

Mike please wait a few days I have hay down right now :loldude:

don't think we need none of that 3" an hour stuff thou. we have too many hills and mountains and a rain like that would take out about every road in the county!!!! We would take a 1/4 " per hour for 8 hours, let me know how you do on arranging this so I can plan for it!

thanks Rob

This is not a VOLCANIC ERUPTION!!!!!!!!!!

this is a wild fire 40 miles south this photo was taken a mile from my house I have more but the phone needs to charge. sounds like 6 homes in the town of Pateros have burned, the hospital in Brewster is being evacuated, 3 state hwys are closed sr2 sr20 sr97 . I'm watching the news now and were under red flag warnings again tomorrow.

post-15818-0-89355800-1405657779_thumb.j

• Like 2

Wow. Nice pics even thought everything is getting burned. Glad I am not out there now. Supposed to be heading home to get ready to P-A-R-T-Y but got stuck with this load, and friggen agents brother dropped the friggen ball on the permits again. There is not going to be a third time

• Like 1

the sumbitch went nuts last night over 48,000 acres over 100 homes fried and the town of Pateros is about gone, right now 10-20 mph winds and forecasted to accelerate as the day goes on ,and to top it off no cell phone service. Oops make that 168,000 acres now fried. for more info check out Carlton complex fire

Do you want me to send a case of bottled water? :whistling:

All joking aside, I hope that area gets some rain soon and fire gets shutdown....before more losses occur.

Rob - keep your family, friends, and yourself safe!

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

That is very scary stuff !!! I have been complaining a lot lately about the rain we have been getting. Not huge amounts , but usually when I don't want it.

I will stop complaining now………………We will hope and pray for everyones safety out there.

Keith

• Like 1

Keith 

as murphys law would have it when our county makes the national news it's no because we found a cure for cancer :loldude: things a little better today 80f calm wind so far, and humidity is a little higher and the fire isn't being explosive yet. bad news is forecasted 30 mph winds later today nobody's resting easy, long distance phone lines are burnt up no atm service from banks or stores, some towns out of power and will be for some time, 5 miles of transmission line and poles fried! weather forecast says chance of rain in 3 days, not going to hold my breath. cell phones for Verizon customers like my self only have 911 calling . so my days are really quiet without the phone ringing all day long seems strange using a phone book again cause we all forgot our neighbors home phone numbers. :whistling:

keeping an eye on the sky gearhead

• Like 2