New Member Here

Mudflap

Thanks for letting me into your group, new to forums not so new to Mack trucks. Grew up riding with my Dad in his B-73, Then a Value-Liner with an air starter. I'll never forget hearing that truck start! Then riding in his Super Liner. Currently working on a 1971 DM600. Once that's done it's time to finish the 1966 B-57 tri-drive, which happens to have the last serial number for a B model. Looking forward to help on here with any issues I might have, or parts I need to locate. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Is that the one in the back of the B model book with the Engineering and Sales executives in front of it? We need pictures and serial numbers. It that is indeed "that" truck, it is a special unit. Do you have mack museum paperwork etc. Please get it if not.

Sharing is encouraged and appreciated. Cool

Greg

• Like 1

Let's see all the pics you have,especially if you have the last B made!

Welcome....here's your helmet....and WHAT HE SAID. lol

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Yes Brocky, I was thinking ether a dump bed or grain bed. At least that way the old girl could get a little exercise hauling a load or two of grain each year. As far as what needs to be done to the truck: There are two cross-members on the frame that are cracked and need fixed, definitely want to put in new wiring harness, headliner and seat and exhaust. Sheet metal wise it's in pretty good shape. There is a cut out that is in the front fender panel on the passenger side that I am assuming was for a hydraulic pump for the mixer which needs fixed, and the fenders have been patched on the back side in a couple of places. I think a B-57 had the same fenders as a B-67 only with the steel flares???? Maybe able to find a set somewhere or try to fix what I have. Back of the cab has a small spot of rust, but nothing serious.