Pictures down the road

Vladislav

Vlad

Thank you for the pictures.. It is great to be able to see your countryside and villages from a personal perspective rather than a tourist info site.

Questions: In the last picture of your first post, Is that large beast a rocket launcher?? and the ZIL dump truck,Does it have a 1956 Ford cab??

Thanks again

Brocky

• Like 1

Brocky

Beautiul photos of Russia. Can I get just one of the T-34's?? Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vlad: thanks for the photos!, I found the road construction interesting the red and white (jersey barrier) blocks looks like what we would use to close a shoulder but we could never run opposed traffic without candlesticks (plastic tubes held in place by a rubber plate) between the lanes or barrels ( big orange garbage can sized containers held in place with 11-24.5 tire sidewalls) or at the very least orange cones but only during day light hours. With that said I would guess it don't cost over a million dollars to build a mile of road in Russia.

• Like 1

That picture of the 4x4 car.....was that taken in Winfall, Russia?

Looks like it could be Winfall. In fact, A lot of the pictures look like they could be from a lot of places around here. Countryside looks similar, roads look the same, same folks at McDonalds.

Not too many WWII tanks around these parts though.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Vlad

Thank you for the pictures.. It is great to be able to see your countryside and villages from a personal perspective rather than a tourist info site.

Questions: In the last picture of your first post, Is that large beast a rocket launcher?? and the ZIL dump truck,Does it have a 1956 Ford cab??

Thanks again

Brocky

Brocky, you're right. The large beast was a ballistic rocket unit "Topol". It was designed to cruising in the woods over great territories being no need of any support or supply. A kind of athomic submarine but on the land. ZIL truck had his original cab, came into production about 1964 if the memory served me good. As of the design of that cab you can see the tendence of where its lines came from. The former owner of my R-model joked once that a R-model came into production later and Americans "stoll' ZIL's design. It was funny to hear to me.

As Ray noted Russia has a great history. To my big sorry its technical and industrial history isn't so great. And it's also sad that it was very poor saved.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Beautiul photos of Russia. Can I get just one of the T-34's?? Paul

Yes Paul, no problems. I'll make a trip to Kubinka tomorrow and talk it out for you

I'm afraid Paul it would be too difficult. A couple of months back some one came to me and said he bought big land in 400 km from Moscow and started collecting army vehicles. He had two tanks. On my surprized question he answered he could have them demilitarized but registred museum officially for that purpose. I'm going to visit him in the summer. Will let you know.

That green 6 wheeler must have been a SGT Truck. Joe D.

Joe, I really had no idea there were so many SGT trucks overhere :clap:

Vlad: thanks for the photos!, I found the road construction interesting the red and white (jersey barrier) blocks looks like what we would use to close a shoulder but we could never run opposed traffic without candlesticks (plastic tubes held in place by a rubber plate) between the lanes or barrels ( big orange garbage can sized containers held in place with 11-24.5 tire sidewalls) or at the very least orange cones but only during day light hours. With that said I would guess it don't cost over a million dollars to build a mile of road in Russia.

You noted it right. Actually that part of the highway was two laned just about 5 years back. Last time there were 3 lanes combining 2 one direction with 1 opposit than in 1 km vice versa. They finally started road construction to make it wider. The pavement was and still is like after some bombing for about 20 km long. All the highway is a real shame. It connects two main cities, Moscow and Saint Petersburg. No less than 1/3 of it is 3 laned and there are so many villages and little cities along it (with limitation of 60km/h) so you have no chances to keep their count. By the word if you go that construction part of the road in the night you wouldn't see not only candle sticks but just any lights at any points. And maybe neither lines on the asphalt.

And a good point - a kilometer of the road in Russia cost about 10 millions Euro. Twice expensive than in Germany. Who may tell why?

• Like 1

Yes Paul, no problems. I'll make a trip to Kubinka tomorrow and talk it out for you

I'm afraid Paul it would be too difficult. A couple of months back some one came to me and said he bought big land in 400 km from Moscow and started collecting army vehicles. He had two tanks. On my surprized question he answered he could have them demilitarized but registred museum officially for that purpose. I'm going to visit him in the summer. Will let you know.

Joe, I really had no idea there were so many SGT trucks overhere :clap:

If you go to Kubinka, get me the MAUS!!! :)

Funny , in New York I can't own a weapon that holds more than 5 rounds, But I can own a Tank or an armored vehicle. Go figure. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE