New Mack Logo

I like the video-except maybe a few more "heavy" Mack footage instead of wimpy highway tractors? Like a big Granite-with spokes for us old Northeast guys-hooked to a lowboy that has a Cat 345 on it-okay make that a Volvo.

As for the logo? Agree-is the dog taking a dump or is it a birth defect?

• Like 1

Looks like they took a half-dog off the RH door, and the letters off the hood, and crammed them together.

Very imaginative...for a first grader.

Hey, that's why the designers get the big bucks!

Maybe if they worried more about making the trucks than the marketing "image"...

Oh, well. I digress.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Mack thrived on vocational trucks, for sure. One way to look at it is that Mack built the highway system for all the other guys to drive on.

Today, Mack needs to build vocational trucks as well as "wimpy" highway trucks to stay healthy.

My personal take on the whole Volvo deal is that they see Mack as just another comodity...that's all. I don't think they realize they are holding an American icon. Volvo is actually a pretty good company. But, every time a company buys another, they get the "WE bought YOU" attitude, and forget what the company they bought was all about...or even why they wanted to buy it in the first place!

Only time will tell if Volvo will put Mack on the pedestal it deserves. Sure doesn't look like it so far!

But, we can forget ever having a re-birth of an R-model, for example. The government will make sure of that. EPA, noise levels, etc... And, even if they did manage to put one together, us old guys would LOVE it. But, there's not enough of us to make it profitable. The majority of buyers would be fussing that the cab was too small, or the ride was too rough, or whatever. By the time they got done trying to make those buyers happy, it wouldn't be the same truck anymore.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth...

Thus sayeth The Weasel

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

As for the logo? Agree-is the dog taking a dump or is it a birth defect?

SWEDISH MEAT BALLS MAYBE?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In my opinion The video sucks....i got the feeling it was more of an ad about work gloves and blue jeans. Not to mention they dont show the product very much that they are intending to sell....

Edit....I see someone already posted the same thought about the work gloves......

• Like 1