Just one of those weeks

mack mhe9

how many days experience did the trainer have?

Try to avoid problems by getting away from all the parking lot idiots-and lookee there-plenty of room for you to park

That sucks. Glad you were able to sit home and watch the snow

Got more coming

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

From the pics all he had to do was look out his right mirror and there you were, so I'd say the driver needs to be bitch slapped and the trainer removed from the gene pool for letting it happen. (It is a Volvo though) It sure can't get any uglier! Lol

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Unbelievable...

Really? I see stupid shit like that weekly, I guess I'm getting de sensitized to stupid.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Almost a daily thing in our lot. Last night, Two non-English speaking Master Drivers ( so they think) meet in the corner, both trailers were opened like sardine cans time they got done. Last week five trucks parked in the NO parking area across from our fuel pumps, driver comes in to get fuel, load strap on trailer caught the front bumper of a nice Pete, rip entire hood off and radiator, left on a hook. This past June Two Russiaka- American drivers came in for an oil changed, Fail to understand instruction, came into bay about 30 MPH, trailer ended on concrete pole took out entire corner of building roof sat on top of trailer entire mess sat there 3 days while the insurance got straighten out, cost them $ 47,000.00 Got plenty of pictures of that mess. Three trucks have burn in a year, one driver got and look, sat back down and finished eating, loss tractor and reefer, took two weeks to get insurance on that mess. After dark o'clock 100 parking spaces goes fast, then it a free for all.

• Like 1

Man...that woulda had me pissed to NO end. Really, that completely empty parking lot, you are in the corner BEHIND the curb and he whacked you. Jeezus. Even worse when you get to stand and watch it happen cause you are too far away to do anything.

Sorry to hear, hope they pay before 2015!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yes, both were from Jamaica or some place close. Like I said when he started backing up I knew he was in the wrong place for what he was fixen to do. So I was watching there faces and the student kept looking out the driver side and the trainer kept looking at him. They never once glanced over to the pass. side mirror.

The trainer wanted me to have a kind hart cause it would go on the trainees record. Well guess what welcome to the business.

The trainer couldn't have had more then 5 years driving time. That just a personal guess.

Yes, both were from Jamaica or some place close. Like I said when he started backing up I knew he was in the wrong place for what he was fixen to do. So I was watching there faces and the student kept looking out the driver side and the trainer kept looking at him. They never once glanced over to the pass. side mirror.

The trainer wanted me to have a kind hart cause it would go on the trainees record. Well guess what welcome to the business.

The trainer couldn't have had more then 5 years driving time. That just a personal guess.

Maybe the trainer was "in training to be a trainer".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

If USX is anything like CRE, the trainee's f-ups count against the trainer, too. Have too many incidents and they terminate you...not just "you can't train for us anymore" but "you can't drive for us anymore."

Three trucks have burn in a year, one driver got and look, sat back down and finished eating, loss tractor and reefer, took two weeks to get insurance on that mess. After dark o'clock 100 parking spaces goes fast, then it a free for all.

What else should the driver have done? Truck is on fire. He'd be a fool to run out to it and try to get back into it to salvage any personal belongings from inside. Fire department was probably already on its way, so really what else is there to do at that point besides sit back down and finish his meal? Company could be called after dinner...they can't do anything right now to help the situation anyway. In all honesty, I probably would have done the same...especially now that Dozer stays home to keep her dog company. Nothing in the truck anymore that can't be replaced....so I'd finish the meal I had already paid for and then head out to deal with the aftermath.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

As an O/O, I would've let it slide for the cost of repairs+ and an acknowledgement that both of them actually learned something from the experience. I doubt they could meet either requirement. For a company driver like myself, there's no negotiation. Information will be exchanged and there will be "27 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence".

Jim

I've often wondered just how busy the claims/accidents departments are at the "supercarriers" (werner,swift,jb hunt etc) werner retard tore the door off my trailer 4 months ago,and the claim is still processing and in the "investigaton phase"" what fricken' investigation I asked","your dipshit pulled the door off an otherwise spotless trailer AND admitted to it! plus was seen by three other people doing it! The "trainer" in this case was busy talking on a cell phone instead of watching the "trainee" backing! I read her dumbass the riot act as well! no damn excuse for this bullshit! These dipshits don't seem to get it that O/O's don't just "get another truck from HQ" when ours is wrecked or damaged by some careless idiot! Years ago I interviewed a potential driver on Clarks behalf,new O/O (ex swift driver and truck) when asked about his driving record,and why he was no longer with swift,his answer was "well,they let me go after my THIRD (yes,third) rollover accident"! and later wanted to know why I didn't recommend him to Clark! I told him he shouldn't be in ANYONES truck including his own! different world and driver these days!............................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Have the truck repaired and send them the bill. 30 days later, send another bill with interest added. 30 days later, another bill with more interest. When they are 90 days past the initial due date, report them to all of the credit bureaus as being in default, and file a civil suit against them. Your insurance co could probably help you with that...especially if they paid you so you could get fixed & back on the road and now THEY want to get reimbursed. If you think for a minute that these big companies wouldn't be burning up your phone seeking payment if the roles were reversed you are only fooling yourself. They self-insure...so all they have to do is write the check and it is done. They string you along hoping that you forget...in which case they are off the hook...or at the very least they keep the money working for them (earning interest, etc) while you might be PAYING interest on the money you had to borrow (or are not receiving the interest you WOULD be earning if the money were still in your account). Interest rate you charge them should be on par with what your credit card would charge you. The longer they delay paying the claim, the larger that check should ultimately be. If you CANNOT AFFORD to fix the truck while you await repairs, make sure you add in the per diem "loss of use" to the bill. Hell, that ought to have been included for the time the truck was in the shop even if you did get it repaired right away. If they have to she'll out an extra $12,000+/month that they delay paying for the repair, it might light a fire under their ass.

ABSOFREAKINLUTELY! I would do it a heart beat, had a friend get his truck tore up and he got drug along waaaayyy toooo long by a big company.