Apparently you can kill an R model

This belongs to a good friend of mine. He's as good a man as you ever wanted to meet, even if his equipment leaves a little to be desired. Mostly, he just can't find good help. He runs about 6 or 7 old R models. I was hauling for him the other day, and this is what I saw when I pulled into the neighborhood we were working in. We were supposed to be pulling up a very steep hill, stopping on the incline, dumping, then pulling the rest of the way up the hill empty, turning around, and heading back down. This guy decided he knew better and pulled past the dozer, turned around loaded, and headed back downhill. He didn't have enough oil in his hyd. tank to raise the bed on such a steep downhill slope, and as he was trying, all his air bled away, and with only two axle parking brakes, down the hill he went. He told the owner he couldn't get it in gear, so he just shut the motor off. That oughta tell you a little bit right there about the caliber of help we have down here. He made a couple of hairpin curves, then nailed this tree right before going into the side of a house. He had a bruise on his chest, but nothing serious. It knocked the motor and trans loose and it hit the ground. He had about 2/3 of a load of SB2 in the bed and it got sheared loose from the hinges on both sides. Luckily, nobody got hurt. The world is minus one more R model, though.

post-560-0-23821200-1379738591_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-27536300-1379738625_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-03739700-1379738673_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-48361000-1379738779_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-58886300-1379738819_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jake

Looks like he hit it pretty square. When we started down our path I was starting to go towards a tree to stop. Reason being was I had a couple options. A. split the middle and keep going, Whats on the other side is unknown. I didn't want to go plowing into a house.

B. Hit the tree and stop and deal with what happens afterwards.

C. try to turn back up the hill and flop over

Never really know as we stopped when the trailer hit bottom. When it hit bottom let me tell you we came to a pretty quick stop. Turns out if we would of split and not hit the tree just past that was about a 10 to 15' drop. Thinking the truck would of been fucked and we would of been really sore. Oh well

I was just sure someone would have commented on my "AIM" remark, does anybody else see that the Bulldog actually made it thru the fork in the tree unhurt, hes peeking thru in that last pic, I mean you gotta give that guy props he hit that tree DEAD center and let the bulldog live another day. Id keep that one on the shelf at home and tell the story of how he survived when people saw it.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

HA, "TIS BUT A FLESH WOUND"

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I was just sure someone would have commented on my "AIM" remark, does anybody else see that the Bulldog actually made it thru the fork in the tree unhurt, hes peeking thru in that last pic, I mean you gotta give that guy props he hit that tree DEAD center and let the bulldog live another day. Id keep that one on the shelf at home and tell the story of how he survived when people saw it.

I thought the same thing. He couldn't have hit it any more dead center if he tried. After all the dust settled, I bet the bull dog said ''WHEW!''

Jake

Poor R-model.

I thought the tree was an old oak but it more looked like a maple.

It would be interesting to know if the truck will be fixed up and back on the road.

Good news nobody was hurt including bulldog.

P.S. I didn't note the left frame rail form though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012