Okay. Got tired of putting a jug over the stack every time it rained. And the black gunk that blew out when it started was a mess. So, here's a new piece of pipe to tote the smoke...and hopefully keep the rain out!

Sorry for the sideways pic. Haven't figured out how to rotate them from my phone...

post-11199-0-32336500-1374018297_thumb.j

post-11199-0-53132400-1374018449_thumb.j

post-11199-0-74170600-1374018473_thumb.j

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

You need to get a chrome pipe like mine had when I bought it. The big radius turn out version that was popular for R's back when.

newbumper3a.jpg

I still have the pipe, it's hooked to a stock muffler and shield(which are new). Like to get a pair of them now for the duals I have on the truck presently. Just money I don't have to waste right now.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I say step it up to a 5 or 6" stack and let her sound all mellow, your already half way there.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

yup Chrome wont help get you home.. the old timers always said. I don't really like the look of anything bigger than 4'' exhaust on an old Mack. like the big curve of the B and R models. think that pipe is discontinued. I bought just the top pipe that goes on the muffler with the long curve a few years ago from Cook Brothers in Binghamton Ny. they found 3 of them NOS and I bought them all, for stock of course. never know. was thinkin bout stockin up on a few pair of R model vent windows just in case they get stupid pricey like B model ones did. maybe ill retire early from sellin them haha.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Thats the way to do it!! Straight pipe. Im putting a 4 inch chrome straight on my U model, true straight though, with a flapper. :-)

I agree with 84SD, a 5" stack would mellow the exhaust. I am going to try a 5" straight pipe next time. Flapper is okay for the "ting ting ting" at idle but like the curved outlet better but no "bull horn".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

yup Chrome wont help get you home.. the old timers always said. I don't really like the look of anything bigger than 4'' exhaust on an old Mack. like the big curve of the B and R models. think that pipe is discontinued. I bought just the top pipe that goes on the muffler with the long curve a few years ago from Cook Brothers in Binghamton Ny. they found 3 of them NOS and I bought them all, for stock of course. never know. was thinkin bout stockin up on a few pair of R model vent windows just in case they get stupid pricey like B model ones did. maybe ill retire early from sellin them haha.

Matt ive always liked the look of the pipe on your truck. It just goes with it. Old school.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The Chrome Depot in Mantua had a price sheet a few years back for the big radius pipe. I was wanting to put a pair on my truck but just didn't have spare change to spend on it. Not sure if they still offer it(or get it)?

When I bought my truck from the towing company, it was the same thing. NO CHROME. Just clean paint. Very industrial looking.

Larry

You need to get a chrome pipe like mine had when I bought it. The big radius turn out version that was popular for R's back when.

newbumper3a.jpg

I still have the pipe, it's hooked to a stock muffler and shield(which are new). Like to get a pair of them now for the duals I have on the truck presently. Just money I don't have to waste right now.

Mmmmm....curvy!
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Yeah the 4" has the old school Mack look, I just like the mellowed sound of the larger pipes.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I heard it a bit different today. "Chrome won't get you home, but it might get you to HER place." Of course, they might have been talking about motorcycles...

i have nothing relevant to post, but I must say, I LOVE your signature line.....

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I can't remember the last time I saw one of those rain or flapper caps on a truck,but do remember when they were very popular..

We have them on our superliner. All you hear going down the road is ting, ping ping ting a ding. They stay perfect at a idle though so i guess the valves are in adjustment, lol.

• Like 1

Matt

Buddy just put a new stack and rain cap on his K100, but with a detroit, you MUST have a flapper.

I've wanted to put rain caps on my pipes, but likely won't have enough air to open them both LOL!!! Even with 4" pipes.

Larry