Nice, my Dad had an 87 Value Liner. One of the last ones made. Was my favorite Mack that he owned. Was also

the last Mack he owned. When he got rid of it the CH's were coming out and he wasn't real thrilled with them so he

switched to brand X.

Good looking truck. I wish I could have that kind of truck so that I can have a good toy and rig.

You can have any truck money is all it takes. What seems to be holding you up? We have a 13 year old guy on here and he owns a U Model. Are you older than he is? If so how much older?

mike

That was a high dollar ride back in its day, id love to have one.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ive never owned a West coast Bulldog always owned DM East Coast R Models & Est Coast B Models but was & still am a fan of the Western Mack esp the Western B & R Series & Esp the Superdog . I

I was told the other day by a retired Sales Rep for Tri State Mack in Memphis (who is a friend of mine), that for years folks East of the Ms river couldn't get a Western Series Bulldog .

He said it took a lot of Mack customers complaining to get the Western Series Bulldogs on this end of the country & it finally happened .

what bought that conversation on was I told him how id ilike to find a B75 OR B77 & He said ah now there was a truck we couldn't get here in Memphis as a new truck & that started the history lesson that I enjoyed so much that I only got an hour workout in cause I was so into the conversation . ;)

He is in the local YMCA W/ me 3 days a week & Ive known him for years my pop knew him better than I did . & now that ive got some time to talk to him & get to know he & his wife better than I did before. & talk to him about of course the bulldog & other things as well I can honestly say it is a joy to sit down & listen to his experiences esp w/ Tri State .

Im tryong to get him on BMT W/us fellas . :)

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I'm such a Mack Western fan I didn't even notice the girl.

Girl? I had to go back and look at the image again. She blends in with the truck.

Dang, just turned 61 and already I can't see the wimmin!

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Great article in recent WOT about outfit from Iowa......Vitalis. Shows the owner next to his personal ride of choice and it was a valueliner with a mercury sleeper. Even though he was buying KW's he kept Macks in the fleet as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Found another western R that looks in nice shape,could'nt find any other info on it though,good looking truck anyway!...................Mark

Mark,

That one was for sale awhile back in western,IA,supposedly real low miles and pretty big $$$.Cummins powered if I remember right,don't know where it ended up.

• Like 1

That yellow and white RL has probably the hardest to find grille and bumper of any Mack good thing they're straight. I always liked the long hood R's, like Mack power in em though.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

A late Valueliner with the galvanized steel cab may be the best Mack ever- Good allround visibility, lighter than a Freightliner (under 12,000 pounds for a 6x4 with aluminum frame), short enough BBC to be maneuverable, etc.. Saw one today with a dump body working on road construction on I-29 near Brookings, and there's another with a grain box in a farmer's shed near here.