one of the joys of owning an OLD Mack,you don't have to be constantly fixing things.

right on!! if you were to attempt the same in a modern Mack........er V------o.......better off walking

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Looks good in a parking lot.

I also drove my R once to McDonald's with my sun and his friend.

To our sorry the lot was too tight so I had to park the truck in hundred yards off.

The horn was also out of service but it was a funny trip anyway.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

right on!! if you were to attempt the same in a modern Mack........er V------o.......better off walking

AMEN BROTHER !!

Double Clutch : nice looking R Model Dog there . :)

:mack1: aka bulldog man on bmt .

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

After I bought my B, I drove it everywhere, all the time. Work, cruise ins, the store, whatever. Enjoy it!!!

12 yrs later, I'm not as excited, but I still use it for what I intended it for.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's awesome everybody needs an old truck to drive around, it looks great. I take the Superliner to town every other week, I may take it to the cruise in these Friday now that I'm thinking about it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

Drove The Dawg to work 3 times this week. Nothin' like an R-model for a daily driver!

Finally did replace the water filter supply hose. It was pretty rough. Of course, when I opened the "spigots" to let the antifreeze back in, they both leaked. $#!&$#. Took them out temporarily & put plain elbows in. Nice thing about an old Mack; you can usually fix one with parts from the hardware store! Seems like we have forgotten that on all the new stuff...

By the way, the hose fittings on mine were 45º "SAE" fittings, not 37º "JIC" fittings. ..just in case anybody was interested...

All the stuff I've done on this toy so far has been very educational. Sorry I'm not better at documenting it with pictures. But, I would be glad to advise on anything I've learned.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I have both on my ring, came across a door lock set with the Mack logo leys NOS and I think all B Models came with Briggs and Stratton keys from the factory I think even the newer B models with key start had Briggs and Stratton keys. wonder why??

Wow! I just figured somebody needed a key, & only the Briggs & Stratton blank would fit. Had no idea it might be original. Or maybe the B&S stands for something else!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

A club member has an absolutely beautiful 1932 American LaFrance fire truck that he restored himself over a six year period. He and his bride use it to go out to dinner when it is not being shown. Now that's class!

post-2016-0-59784600-1374062583_thumb.jp

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Mack, Blue Bird and several other manufacturers used Briggs and Stratton ignition switches back in the day. I was always told that Briggs was always the low bid on ignition switch sets. I was also told only about half of the OE's had their own logoed keys made and the rest (Mack, etc.) Used the Briggs key to keep the price per unit down.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"