WOW, i CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. What a loss. I was talking to him at length at Hudson last year when he was looking at a B81 he was thinking of buying. He turned me on to another one for sale that I negotiated on but in the end didn't buy, and maybe should have. Very sorry to hear this news.

RONCETTI

A huge loss for the truck restoration community. Few had the eye for detail and ability that Dave had to bring a truck to an incredible level of detail and beauty. And he had the wherewithal to do it like few could ever do. And the fact that he then took the time and spent the bucks to take the trucks out for all of us to enjoy!

One of the best men I have had the pleasure of meeting. 2000 Valley Forge show, with the FKSW, he took the time to talk with me about every inch of that master piece. And he allowed me to stick the camera in every tight spot for all the details, even as i crawled under the truck on the asphalt to shoot the full drive line. The truck was just as spotless on the under side as it was top side.

I bow my head in a moment of silence. :clock_logo:

Rick

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Well I went to the wake this afternoon. Only hours were from 3 to 7 so I knew it would be very crowded. The funeral home that handled this told the family they could not accommodate the traffic at their parlor so it was held in the church-big church plenty of parking. Casket was open and Dave was wearing a black suit-and his trademark "Cat" baseball cap-classic!

I mentioned to his family how I had done a late post on his passing last night and by this afternoon there were over 20 hits. And more importantly many nice comments from guys who really did not know him but were appreciative of the time Dave gave them at shows etc. Your words guys were welcomed.

Attached are shots of Dave's last project- F-230D that was done to match Dave's first new truck many years ago. It was parked in front of church and I was told it followed hearse from funeral home. This truck was typical- I remember stopping at the shop when it was a work in progress and Dave was very proud of the fact that he had located some new I-H gauges that some dealer in the mid west had-the 'thrill of the chase" meant a lot to him.

Wish I could have know him a bit more.

post-1625-0-15679800-1372121317_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-07221400-1372121340_thumb.jp

• Like 2