1916? AC Mack

Nice Mike. Late 1916 going by the second design hood and early cowl and fenders. No question its a rarity to survive WWI . Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice Mike. Late 1916 going by the second design hood and early cowl and fenders. No question its a rarity to survive WWI . Paul

I can't find my AC book,but it's a 6 digit VIN begining with 73,hood's been rubbing on frame and number is hard to read.Story was it was originally a firetruck in Chicago,then later a tag axle was cobbled on and a crane was attached,last ran 6 years ago,really happy about getting it,but now some other stuff has to go.

I hope you all can attend,bring lots of money,should be the Mack "event of the year"

I'll be first in line for the B with the L cab/Mercury sleeper,i've always liked that combination!....................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I can't find my AC book,but it's a 6 digit VIN begining with 73,hood's been rubbing on frame and number is hard to read.Story was it was originally a firetruck in Chicago,then later a tag axle was cobbled on and a crane was attached,last ran 6 years ago,really happy about getting it,but now some other stuff has to go.

731000 to 731999 show jan 1919 to august 1920 my records show summer 1917 to jan 1919 as 73000 to 73999

'Fire trucks I show starting at 77001

My AC is a 1928 and chassis is 7312784 two of my parts trucks are 4AC1CL series chassis' and one is a 4AC1CM series

Interesting to see what you find on it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

OHHHH DAMN, heheheheh. You know "what I want and your wife would be happy if it was gone probobly", dont you Mike? Her name is ole blacky, ring a bell?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

whats the year of the earliest one in captivaty.this one must be close.

the very first production AC,serial # 7000 is alive,well,and beautifully restored, living a life of comfort at the Iowa 80 truckstop in Walcott,IA.It does sometimes getout to do some touring,but most of the time it's on display in the lobby of corporate headquarters.

731000 to 731999 show jan 1919 to august 1920 my records show summer 1917 to jan 1919 as 73000 to 73999

'Fire trucks I show starting at 77001

My AC is a 1928 and chassis is 7312784 two of my parts trucks are 4AC1CL series chassis' and one is a 4AC1CM series

Interesting to see what you find on it. Paul

my other AC is a '28 an # 7312705,pretty darn close to yours.I'm thinking seriously of letting it go now that I have this one.It's all there but the body is very rough & rusty.

my other AC is a '28 an # 7312705,pretty darn close to yours.I'm thinking seriously of letting it go now that I have this one.It's all there but the body is very rough & rusty.

I'd be interested in it if and when you decide to part with it.

As for the hoods, I have 2 with out it. Kemps had no access panel either. There are 3 different versions of the final design hood as far as I've found. Top access panel and different count on the side louvers...not counting the longer 6 cylinder hood. The different louver count seems to be wither the engine is the standard or the "high hat" unit but I'm not positive.

The one I'm restoring

yard22.jpg

Best of the parts trucks

yard19.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE