Two-Stroke Detroit Diesel Fans Looking For Others...

A two stroke diesel engine? Never heard of such a thing.......

I have a couple; a 6-71, and a 12V-71T getting ready to set into a truck.

Rob

Ha, Ha, Detroit Diesel FAQ's: Do you have to add oil to the fuel? Are you sure it's a two stroke? You mean those noisy ones? Answers: No, Yes, Yes Definately!

I'd like to see pictures of your 12v71 powered truck, no wait, I'll be too jealous.

Ben

Edited by JumperAndSon
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

what are you putting that 12V-71T in?

Eventually an eastern R795 will receive this engine. I need to get another R797 home from Colorado for parts before moving forward with the project as far as swapping.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Former Mack CEO was once CEO of CCC. Jack Curcio.......... he left Mack for the position so there must have been a connection there. My first big air compressor was an Ingersoll with a 12V71 and when that ol gal wound up it was flat terrifying to bunch old steel painters. Nothing today kicked ass like that big air did.

Great video! Drove a Brigadier for Allied Equipment in New London. Detroit, ten wheeler roll back. Spicer Fuel in Groton had one too and I remember driving it when one of the manifold gaskets blew. That was loud. 1983 learned how to shift a fifteen speed international with a 318 for Stone and Webster and drove a Brockway for Romenella with the 318. On U tube there are some pick up trucks with 453's in them. Really sound great.

HA Rob,

I guess our V12 Macks are gonna sound twice as good!!

Ernie DS.... PS I just can't wait to paint "I coulda had a V8" on the hood LOL

Hey Ernie, would you be interested in a pair of V-12 emblems modeled from the original V-8 emblems Mack used on their trucks? I'm working with a guys dad I went to high school with and gonna try to make this happen.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Ernie, would you be interested in a pair of V-12 emblems modeled from the original V-8 emblems Mack used on their trucks? I'm working with a guys dad I went to high school with and gonna try to make this happen.

Rob

And the answer is........... HELL Yes!!! just email me with the info Thanks Rob

Ernie

my favorite youtube video-

That's a true 6-71 scenario, complete with the line of cars behind it and another car crossing into the opposite lane to pass.

I would've like to see the guy in the other video start that IH after it warmed up. Weren't those like the old carburetetd cars, where the starter would only turn a few teeth and the engine would be running?

Jim

I would like to see a video of someone trying to use that damn little rope to crank start a red hot Wisconsin V4 on a 1950's New Holland hay baler in 110 degree weather. I would slink off and hide behind a tree/hay bale/large dog until the adults got it going again - wrenches flying and blue fog coming out of a human's mouth is not a pretty sight in the middle of a hay field.

Pawel - that temp is in Farenheit

Thats funny you should say that, years back at Colonial S&S a driver backed into the back of another mixer with a 238 Detroit, the mixer was in gear well the truck started and took off!! If it wasn't for Maxie brakes, it would have gone into the Passaic River!!

Ernie DS

• Like 1

Thats funny you should say that, years back at Colonial S&S a driver backed into the back of another mixer with a 238 Detroit, the mixer was in gear well the truck started and took off!! If it wasn't for Maxie brakes, it would have gone into the Passaic River!!

Ernie DS

Ah, the things you can look back at and laugh about, although I'm sure there were a few giggles at the time, too. :D

Today you have to turn the key,push the clutch to the floor, wait for the "diagnostic center" to TELL YOU that the oil level is okay, then have someone back into it.

It's just not the same.

Jim

That's a true 6-71 scenario, complete with the line of cars behind it and another car crossing into the opposite lane to pass.

I would've like to see the guy in the other video start that IH after it warmed up. Weren't those like the old carburetetd cars, where the starter would only turn a few teeth and the engine would be running?

I think that pickup that passed messed him up a little bit. You know he wanted to hit the big hole right when he got to the camera but he had to back out of it just a little. But that's how 4 wheelers are, they see a truck and feel like they must be in front of it, even if they're turning off at the next driveway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think that pickup that passed messed him up a little bit. You know he wanted to hit the big hole right when he got to the camera but he had to back out of it just a little. But that's how 4 wheelers are, they see a truck and feel like they must be in front of it, even if they're turning off at the next driveway.

Sad but true. I assumed the pickup was driven by a veteran truck driver who recognized the sound of a 238 and knew what he had to do next.

Your probably right about grabbing 10th in front of the camera, that would've made a cool video even cooler.

Jim

I would have followed the jimmy clear until it turned around, then followed it back, just to hear that beautiful sound. A lot of people just don't understand the Lug Nut Rule: the vehicle with the most lug nuts has the right of way.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j