Diesel Retrofit to Conform to EPA Standards

Does anyone have experience with diesel retrofits on older trucks? I am looking into retrofit for either Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DFP) and Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) units for a 1988 Mack CF600 (former FDNY pumper). I need a certificate of conformity and getting the retrofit looks possible. Right now I'm starting the research into options and best practices.

There is also a program in New York State to apply for assistance.

Thank you!

In most states there is collector car and truck insurance. I have it on all my trucks, including a 1988 Superliner. There are restriction like NO commercial use, you can't make a dime with the vehicle in any way. A fire truck I think would more than qualify unless you are starting a pay to put out your fire business. I see in your handle, tours, that would be a problem. The point is that with collector insurance it is a limited use vehicle and at least in AZ and OH it is emissions exempt. Check the laws in NY and see if this is true there. If not title it in another state. It's a lot cheaper than what you are talking about and saving a Mack!

Went to a kids Birthday party a few years ago in AZ and a pay to play fire truck was there with crew and gave rides. It was Detroit powered and not modified so it can be done if it is a business.

I will ask the dumb question...why do you need the emissions equipment? Your truck is old enough to be licensed as an Antique or Historical vehicle. I would think because of the age it would be exempt. Of course if you are talking NY....well anything is possible.

As a suggestion, I would first start with your local Mack dealer for retrofit kits.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Located in NYC, Commercial, Collector, Public owned and "Charity" use vehicles need to be retro fitted to pass the city reg. Even includes off road vehicles of more than 50 h.p.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

WOW that sucks. Isn't that were the LOVE canal is at NY? They did a real fine job screwing that up with EPA crap.

Sounds like second coming California but ever there they let some things slide because of age.

NYC but the rest of is following them. NYC even has oil burner emission regulations.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE