1964 Mack B81

67RModel

it IS the turn signal box. apparently the original on dash bit the dust and an updated signal stat was installed. fortunately they left the dash box signal switch for someone wanting originality. my grandson sent me this ad also. seems it stated auto transmission. 

On 10/3/2023 at 10:56 AM, 67RModel said:

Just wondering what that box is mounted to the dash to the left of the steering wheel if anybody knows.

384745806_4357374921154245_244706688638712183_n.jpg

push both buttons at same time gave you 4-way flashers. top button push released 4-ways. in front of top button was lighted indicators ==green left/right -red in middle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 2:01 PM, Geoff Weeks said:

Interesting, I had not run across that before. Motor coaches sometimes had "buttons" on the floor exactly like high beam/ low beam switch but one for left turn on for right.

Most any of the typical transit busses had floor mounted turn signals.  That way you could keep both hands on the wheels and you didn't have to worry if you turned them off.  This was back in the 70-80s.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"