Macungie

It's almost time for the 2022 ATCA Show in Macungie, Pa. "The greatest antique truck show on earth"- (Doug Maney, 1987)

Just wondering who was going, if anyone. Me and Zina from Gladys are planning to go. Unfortunately, Vicki from Florida doesn't think she'll make it this year.20210617_143419.thumb.jpg.28c094d2125c646727fb85f5be9b1978.jpg

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

Otherdog, I visited with you last year. This year I was looking forward to going but on may17 a guy pulled out in front of me and it ended the trip to Macungie and a lot of other fun things I had planed, I hope you really enjoy the show.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, davehummell said:

Otherdog, I visited with you last year. This year I was looking forward to going but on may17 a guy pulled out in front of me and it ended the trip to Macungie and a lot of other fun things I had planed, I hope you really enjoy the show.

Well I hope you have better luck than me, nearly 12 months ago some joker high as kite and pissed as knit decided it would be a great idea to try and have a head on collision with me, still waiting for the ute to be repaired properly, panel shop has only had it since July 2021

Paul

• Sad 1

Mrsmackpaul, I didn't make it out of the accident with my teeth lost 12 fractured my face bones, cracked left shoulder, some kind of mesh holding my left ribs together, cracked hip joint, cracked bone that holds the two hips together, I had a helmet on, but I ended up with out side and internal brain bleeding. I'm not going to ride another motorcycle the rest of my life.

• Sad 6

holy crap Dave. glad you are still with us. 

i have not gotten on a bike since my last laydown 40 years ago. pickup ran a red light rite in front of me. i laid it down, and slid under the truck. walked away with minor road rash and a broken arm. 

• Sad 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I am already tired of being a cripple I got my 31 model a out and went for a 10 mile ride just got back just loaded up on ivyprofin so I can still move. I'm looking hard at my b model maybe in a couple of weeks hope hope.

Damn sad to hear your motor bike crash stories guys. Wish speedy recovery and enjoy other kinds of activities if riding doesn't seem as fun anymore. I noted I ride less in the recent years . Made a few really long holiday trips in the past cruising to Europe for a couple of weeks. The greatest adventure was a travel to Turkey where I happened to go to Istanbul, Ankara and Antalya on Mediterranian coast. Have that done in 2010 and got feeling of a big deal done and moved focuse of interest to trucks. And also big trips with a car since my kid grew up to age suitable to keep my company in such adventures.

Hope Macungie will be no less greater event as in the past. Drooling to see fresh pictures from the showgrounds since currently I'm not supposed to be able to put my foot print onto in the foreseen futrure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, davehummell said:

I am already tired of being a cripple I got my 31 model a out and went for a 10 mile ride just got back just loaded up on ivyprofin so I can still move. I'm looking hard at my b model maybe in a couple of weeks hope hope.

please take it easy. i know it sucks laying around bored out of your mind, but pushing the healing process will not help anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

9 hours ago, davehummell said:

Mrsmackpaul, I didn't make it out of the accident with my teeth lost 12 fractured my face bones, cracked left shoulder, some kind of mesh holding my left ribs together, cracked hip joint, cracked bone that holds the two hips together, I had a helmet on, but I ended up with out side and internal brain bleeding. I'm not going to ride another motorcycle the rest of my life.

That sucks sorry …. I used to ride…myself sold my last bike around 3 years ago had alotta fun on them for alotta years…. And I owned a lot of them…. As TJ said don’t get in any hurry. Recovering… bob

Hi Dave.  I just told my wife your story,  We both cried some, because we , ( Have never been there) but have known, and in my case (Had lost  friends) .. We still ride just a little bit..  I really don't know what to say, other than, we are so glad you are 'Alive'  I used to ride 'everywhere' , in all kinds of weather..  just a few days ago I took my sportster out for a run around to do some easy errands..  I get on that thing and I am at home, but I have to be more aware, and ready to 'crack' the throttle, to get away from a dumbass,  and at times,,,, back off and change lanes when I can to get away from a cell phone driver, etc:....  I know that when I put my wife on the the back of her Tri-Glide,  I do the best I can to be safe..  I don't carry her on my Softail Duece since we got the Trike.  I would like to think we are safer on the Trike...  However...  are any of us 'Rider's' really safe any more??  Jojo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had a can am trike it was ok. I started riding in the 60's had harleys and british bikes last two wheelers were rt bmw's. I'm going to miss riding but this was a real good wake up call. I am in the middle of building a 32 ford pickup sort of a rat rod with out the sculls and other crap.

I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery 

30 years ago I was involved in a serious accident at work and spent a month in the hospital. I had to learn to walk again and I can still feel where they drilled a hole in my skull.

for months after being home I would do something one day and the next day I would spend the day on the couch. 

Covid caused my PTSD to be evident and no longer controlled and I am having issues related to my TBI 

my advice is doctors are still practicing medicine and are basing there advice on an average. According to my doctors I should not due some of the stuff that I do. I advise people to listen to there body, my orthopedist told me sore is OK, time to stop, but pain is a red flag and to call him.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Hope Macungie will be no less greater event as in the past. Drooling to see fresh pictures from the showgrounds since currently I'm not supposed to be able to put my foot print onto in the foreseen futrure.

Crazy old world we are all living in these days Vlad 

Anyway as long as we get some pictures of stuff we are missing out on it will all be good 

I have the Princess and I a ticket to the big party in NewZealand in October for 50 years of Mack over there 🍸🍻

Was gunna take Mrs Mack over for the show but bugger me the cost is kinda huge 

Paul

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Was gunna take Mrs Mack over for the show but bugger me the cost is kinda huge 

You may be sorry in the future after not doing that. Would be a really cool adventure. Worth to bother imagination a bit, maybe looking for a non-profit but fuel paying load to cover some big portion of the distance.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012