Shop Talk

Onyx610

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Yes, it is/was the white colored Mack RTV..  I have another tube in my Mack curio cabinet..  I have had that tube for over 20 years..

KIMG1908.JPG

Nice,I scored a couple tube of the gray on flea bay,but no white to be found,I actually just used some today on an old outboard motor I’m working on,good stuff but the white is the best..

I still don't know why Mack got rid of the the White RTV...  It seem's to coincide with the Volvo takeover...  I do like the Gray RTV...  It really does seal quite well..  I dont think I have another old hardened tube..  but......  I have a lot of totes that I havent opened in years..  I can send you the one in the first picture, but it's hard to read the label..  Its hard as tire rubber.. :)

I just kept them as collector items..

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I still don't know why Mack got rid of the the White RTV...  It seem's to coincide with the Volvo takeover...  I do like the Gray RTV...  It really does seal quite well..  I dont think I have another old hardened tube..  but......  I have a lot of totes that I havent opened in years..  I can send you the one in the first picture, but it's hard to read the label..  Its hard as tire rubber.. :)

I just kept them as collector items..

Lol,thanks anyway..🤣

• Haha 1

Off topic here...   I went to Timber Point Elementary school in the 70's.. I lived in East Islip for 8 years as a young'n before we moved to Vermont, then Maine..  

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Volvo should make rainbow colored sealant.  Seems like they can get toothpaste in a tube like that. So RTV shouldn't be too difficult  😁

Volvo made rainbow colored whatever would fit right in with their "WOKE" attitude!!!!!

• Like 1

Brocky

3 hours ago, Mark T said:

Volvo should make rainbow colored sealant.  Seems like they can get toothpaste in a tube like that. So RTV shouldn't be too difficult  😁

Not sure if you remember my post Fedex Freight decided to try a bunch of them a few years back and they were nothing but garbage drove one for two years not only the  ugliest big rig I’ve ever seen but my assigned customer truck was in deadline 12 times and nine months I couldn’t get out of that POS quick enough… Bob

10 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Off topic here...   I went to Timber Point Elementary school in the 70's.. I lived in East Islip for 8 years as a young'n before we moved to Vermont, then Maine..  

we were practically neighbors,lm in East Patchogue,graduated from Bellport H S in 69…

• Like 1

once upon a time volvo made decent trucks. 

a friend had a 95 or 96  triaxle with 425 HP and 10 speed trans. power mirrors, power seats, good stereo, air ride,  i drove it a few times helping him when his driver would call out.... we used to call it the family station wagon. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Thats Cool MACKS..  isn't Pat Benetar from that area, or was is Wauntaug??  My family took me to Vermont in '81,,  7th grade, then to Maine when Dad found a house and got his transfer with Delta Airlines to Portland Maine..  ( no, not a Pilot)  we were low class :) ).. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

She's my favorite 'Rocker Chick'..  

yup. a trivia fact:

Pat Benatar started singing opera, and took training in classic opera before switching to rock.

she had (or has) a 5 octave range

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

yup. a trivia fact:

Pat Benatar started singing opera, and took training in classic opera before switching to rock.

she had (or has) a 5 octave range

I heard that a long time ago but thanks for that.. Bob

I had the exact same thing happen a few years ago, remember that we drive on the wrong side of the road over here or is that the left and you lot drive on the wrong side of the road,no matter you get the drift 

Some passed me on my left (passenger side in Australia) and then attempted to make a U turn across the the front of me

The first I new about it was the explosion of glass in front of me

I couldn't see the car until it got pushed out the drivers side 

Lucky I was slowing for a red light

The drongo gets out and his mum follows and she starts trying to blame me

Cut it our lady, her son the driver was good about it and accepted the blame right away

I was going slow and the glass was under fuel tanks and drive tyres

The mum then lie's to her insurance company claiming she was driving

Apart from a couple of scratches on the bull bar and a driving light twisted a bit there was no damage to my truck

The little Rav 4 was stuffed 

Surprised me how silly people can be 

Paul

• Like 1

The other day, I had an old man tear the front bumper cover off my little Toyota 'round-town truck.  I was going through the parking lot of our local Ingle's market, passing the entrance to the Burger King.  This old guy turned directly in front of me.  I stopped and laid down on the horn.  He kept coming.  He hit the bumper just to the driver's side of center.  I figured he would stop right about here.  But, no.  He just kept dragging across the front of it.  Went all the way across to the passenger's side.  Kept right on going into the BK parking lot and parked just like it was a regular day.

He told us he didn't realize he hit us.  Told the officer he thought he ran up on the curb.  Uh, there's no curb there.

It'll be July before my local guy can put new pieces on the little truck.

Not a lot of damage, but, damn!  If you can't see to the front of your car, and can't hear a horn right in your ear, maybe it's time to hang it up?  If this had been out on the highway, somebody could have been killed.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

So I base a lot of B.S. opinions off of  T.V. Ad's...  So Chevy is selling the ''TurboMax''  gas engine..  So, obviously, the new diesel engines are Sh!t boxes, and Electric so-called trucks cant' pull a damn thing..  So now they are re-promoting what actually works..   A gas powered engine..  Diesels have always performed up until pencil pushers mandated DPF's. and then they lost their minds in 2010 with DEF..  and so-on....  2016 and so-on..   anyway...   ''Let's Go Fossil Fuel's'' !!! :)  they aint really fossil fuel's...  The Earth Bleed's OIL !!!  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Joey, you need a hug and sorry to hear about your truck weasel I just had a go around with a old guy yesterday loaded down triple trailers, pulling a hill. This asshole cut for me off no damage, but I had a slam on my brakes and fall down to nothing .GEEEEEEEEEEESUS ,,,, Jack ass get a clue there’s other people on the road jerk had a brand new Chevrolet pick up truck. It probably won’t look that way too long with that brain dead idiot behind the wheel.Bob 

• Like 2