Shop Talk

Onyx610

19 hours ago, other dog said:

These are 2 of my favorite trucks, right here. Old GMCs, an 860 Cannonball and a D860. Unrestored, looking like they did when they were still working. And the owner, J.B. Stoltzfus, encourages people to get in them and take a look.

FB_IMG_1663417231773.thumb.jpg.65b75a6296bfbb930601fdc98f3bcd46.jpg

I just saw a Facebook post on the fat cab GMC page, J.B.'s truck are already loaded up to go to Macungie. These two are true "barn finds" that you hear about. He's been bringing the Cannonball for a while, I think last year was the first time for the D860. They both have 6-71s.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Those things are very rare these days, although still out there somewhere they just found a bunch of old cars here recently somewhere that has been in storage Since the middle 60s nothing had moved tons of dust on all of them Bob 

Absolutely I was going to add something to that story I mentioned about somebody found a bunch of old 50s cars in a warehouse buried for  years got me to thinking about almost 40 years ago. I was rapping with a guy and Oakland California that bought one of those World War II CJ four jeeps this thing was absolute tits.everything .  brand new old stock But he was telling me the only problem he has. It is just about every oil seal on there leaks at that time. The parts were all 40 years old. I’m thinking that’s what you would find with the cars that have been stored since 1965…. Bob

• Like 2

11 hours ago, other dog said:

This is how he found the D860. He did a little work on it, cleaned it up, and that's about it. I just like seeing stuff like this more than any gussied up Peterbilt.

FB_IMG_1686573504619.jpg.7d4ededf1114e83365a1bab8ee5ea253.jpg

Yes, like hi binder mentioned you’ve  seen  one you seen them all nice looking units, but they kind of all look the same and as I have mentioned a lot of them, don’t have any personality. I thought I would lower myself to flip the lights to one of them had a cleaned up W 900. Of course I didn’t even get a thank you out of them ha ha but then again, I wasn’t surprised my brother. Oh, look at me. Yeah I see you jack ass. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Absolutely I was going to add something to that story I mentioned about somebody found a bunch of old 50s cars in a warehouse buried for  years got me to thinking about almost 40 years ago. I was rapping with a guy and Oakland California that bought one of those World War II CJ four jeeps this thing was absolute tits.everything .  brand new old stock But he was telling me the only problem he has. It is just about every oil seal on there leaks at that time. The parts were all 40 years old. I’m thinking that’s what you would find with the cars that have been stored since 1965…. Bob

That's like that guy in Lynchburg a while back- he died and they auctioned off his collection of old cars, truck, boats, even an airplane. He had them stashed in several old buildings, and the thing is nobody knew any of them were there until they started moving things out to get the ready to sell. I heard about some that were sitting in one place in Lynchburg and me and Zina went to investigate. Then I saw more of the guy's stuff in Madison Heights that had been in another building when I went to the eye Dr. 

A fairly young guy I think, filthy rich, and had all these old and rare vehicles stashed around that nobody knew about- weird. I'm pretty sure I posted pictures of some of the stuff here.

• Like 1

to me it's not only the enjoyment ,more important is saving a piece of "history". unfortunately in todays world watching some auctions it's the mega -buck boys that buy to "add to their collection". mecum other day had a Ferrari that sold for 2.1 million DOLLARS !!!!!  . the B-models that money could have bought and saved.  far as oil seals 40 yrs old  Bob : price is right and  shipping , misc not bad ; time will find seals and other needed items. I had the '49 EE & EF also an old Diamond -T winch truck . plowed snow with EE and hauled hay with the EF flatbed. used them , same time enjoyed them .also at this time miss them.

• Like 1

mine was from the doctor. she told me either loose AT LEAST 50 pounds and keep it off, or i will not pass my next DOT physical. 

state says i should be 175. she said she would be happy with me at 250.

i would like to drop down to 225 area. 

i started last week 299. i am currently 288

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

This Post goes out to O.D..   You inspired me to make another Wood Fired Cooker....   and I DID!..  It's fired up right now, and sittin at about 225 Degrees..  With a rack of Baby Back's on it...  Thank You for the Inspiration..   I needed that!!!   

KIMG1996.JPG

Oh my!