Shop Talk

Onyx610

now you guys have to stop this conversation!!! when I laugh this hard I start coughing uncontrollably;; YES i'm at that point now !!🤣🤣🤣

THANK YOU ever sooooo much JoJo  for the picture of the rack ON the alum foil= that was a major debate at my younger daughters today when my "son-in-law had the chicken on alum foil while on the grill. showed the picture to know-it-all wife , first time ever she was speechless. LMAO

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

now you guys have to stop this conversation!!! when I laugh this hard I start coughing uncontrollably;; YES i'm at that point now !!🤣🤣🤣

THANK YOU ever sooooo much JoJo  for the picture of the rack ON the alum foil= that was a major debate at my younger daughters today when my "son-in-law had the chicken on alum foil while on the grill. showed the picture to know-it-all wife , first time ever she was speechless. LMAO

I use a lot of foil, those ribs will smoke like that.  I usually smoke stuff right in the grill grates first, then wrap it to finish it, then unwrap to smoke a little more. Except burgers and chicken, I don't use foil at all for them. 

My former know-it-all brother in law used to cover his entire gas grill with foil to cook hamburgers. Of course by the time they were cooked they were swimming in grease, so he might as well have fried them on the stove in a skillet. I only use wood and charcoal, never had a gas grill, and the grease dripping onto the coals makes more smoke and more flavor.

There's a hickory tree in the edge of the woods right by the yard here that's been cut down. It's just laying there, I guess they cut it down for some reason when they put the house here. 

I'm working on cutting it up, I've been cutting "slices" off of it about 2" thick, so maybe I'll be able to split it. I'm going to put the pieces in the shed and use it to smoke with.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

14 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Of course if my wife leaves me I will loose 165 pounds quickly..  Just sayin...   :) 

You'll lose far more than165# I'm tipping Joey..... Just an Observation..:idunno:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Ok... I smoked some Thigh's..  Beautiful smoke ring and fall apart tender..  Maybe we need a ''Smoker Thread''  Led By O.D.   

I'm just having fun..  I can stop right here...  Ive worked almost everyday for the last 6+ weeks and weekends..   So this weekend I just took a Break..  :) 

KIMG2005.JPG

KIMG2006.JPG

KIMG2007.JPG

KIMG2008.JPG

• Like 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Ok... I smoked some Thigh's..  Beautiful smoke ring and fall apart tender..  Maybe we need a ''Smoker Thread''  Led By O.D.   

I'm just having fun..  I can stop right here...  Ive worked almost everyday for the last 6+ weeks and weekends..   So this weekend I just took a Break..  :) 

KIMG2005.JPG

KIMG2006.JPG

KIMG2007.JPG

KIMG2008.JPG

That's a great looking smoker, it's kind of like the old gas or electric stove smokers, only better!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It was an above ground well pump cover..  the city was tossing it in the scrap bin.

Maybe it needs to be in the redneck thread?? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

oh well, sorry but the pictures will not load. 

3 foot over hang in front, and touching each other, with the rear machine attachment touching the rear ramps.

plus there was 1 miller head, 1 broom, 2 flat buckets, and 12 ton clean stone in the body because someone forgot to bring the mason dump with the 18 foot bobcat trailer this morning. 
but i gotter done, because i are a perfessamanal

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 6/18/2023 at 6:26 PM, mechohaulic said:

Hell, I just spotted this. Missed it somehow now I am laughing my ass off.

• Like 1

I ad almost the same load going 120 miles three weeks ago. Only difference was a bucket instead of the miller head.  Put the front chain and binder on, than boss called and distracted me. Jumped in truck and left.

120 miles later I pulled into the job to see the chains and binders laying on the deck, next to my 3/4 full cup of coffee. 

And nothing moved. When loaded, I do not go over 45 mph.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

I ad almost the same load going 120 miles three weeks ago. Only difference was a bucket instead of the miller head.  Put the front chain and binder on, than boss called and distracted me. Jumped in truck and left.

120 miles later I pulled into the job to see the chains and binders laying on the deck, next to my 3/4 full cup of coffee. 

Sounds like you're just a smooooothe operator!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

nah. just safe. 

WAY too many brain dead steering wheel holders out there rolling over three -four trucks every day just in my state alone.

i am a right lane runner.

in 54 years driving i have had 1 ticket for not coming to a full stop at a stop sign when i was 18, and 4 accidents...none of which were my fault. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tjc transport said:

We’re all getting loopy babba I’m sure at 45 you had no worries except no Java 4??????? 

at 45 i have to deal with all the askwholes doing 90+ in a 55 zone weaving between all 3 lanes like a nascar driver 2 laps down on the last lap. 

i was never a speeder, because i never worked for percentage, by the ton,  or by the load.
i get paid hourly. if the contractor tells me i need to go faster i give him my paperwork and tell him to sign me out.  i learned a long long long time ago slow and steady wins the race.
guys get loaded and speed away. than stop for 1/2 hour each load. than speed back to the job. at the end of the day they say I have to be speeding because they are always 10-15 mph over the speed limit, but i do one or two loads more than them. but the job supers know better. 

• Like 2