sticker shock at the pumps

RowdyRebel

My daily commute costs $16...on my motorcycle. It's $40 in the Suburban. Ranger is still down (need to pull the heads...either a blown gasket or cracked head), but even that would be pushing $25. Not too far off of the point where a guy has to wonder if it's worth making the trip.😤

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Central N.C.    Gas $4.09..... Diesel   $4.79..... today... 30+ cent jump in 1-2 day's....   Let's go Brandon !!!!!  We had a pipeline.... What the Truck!!!  jojo

• Like 2

This crap remind's me of when I bought my first and only big truck back in late 2005...   Oh My God...  How the hell is the little guy gonna survive??  I know big guy's have high cost's. But what keeps the seed's of new business,'s in wet soil and sunlight,,,, so they can grow????  jojo

I have a feeling that the SHOCK has only just begun..

Inflation is Rising, We only  need Interest rates to start rising, & We'll be in for a very rough Time..!!

Sincerely Hope I'm proven Wrong, though..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

19 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i would not be surprised to see $10+ per gallon before all this stupidity is over.

We can all hope the hell not!  

My travel plans even for racing are going to be slim and none even at $5/gal diesel.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Diesel is $4.79 here.

My normal weekend runs are about an hr each way.  Thats still about 12 gal x $5/gal=$60 each trip(avg 8 mpg).  That will be double from last year.   Trips farther will make it tough to go with the cost of fuel.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yes this is retarded I was already paying $100 to fill the F1 50 as it was …..thank God i usually don’t use much I am very fortunate the Mustang burns about 9 gallons every two weeks That’s about all I use just back-and-forth to work same thing with the old lady

Edited by mowerman
Misspell

How quickly everyone forgets history. In July 2008 the average cost of a gallon of 87 octane in the United States was $4.11. Adjusted for inflation that is $5.37/gallon in today's money. I'm sure we were all complaining how outrageous $4.11/gal was at the time, but the current prices aren't nearly as bad as they were in 2008....Although we could easily surpass $5.37/gal given the current geopolitical horseshit going on now.

• Like 2

not only in 08, but also in 2011 or 2012 diesel was close to $5 per gallon. 

fuel was so expensive we stopped working rental, only going out for our own work because we could not add fuel cost into the rental price. 

why go to work for $620 per day when you are spending $450-$500 per day in fuel?

at least on our own jobs we could add fuel cost to the finish price due to a fuel cost clause in the contract.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

we are very lucky in the short term to be building a new shop, so we are not taking any new work for the new 6 months or so. 

i feel real bad for my friend, he has 47 trucks on the road, and just bought 5 more last month being delivered in the next week or so. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..