1960 B-Model Mack Fully Refurbished. What is it worth?

welcome to BMT.

sorry about your dad's passing. 

that truck is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

in the past year or so, unrestored but good shape trucks have sold in the 15 to 20k range, so i would think $25,000 to $30,000 would be a fair price. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Also Sorry for Your loss. i wouldn't want to be in your position, TJC is correct in his statement. value is what  someone is willing to pay. when an item has personal ,emotional sentiment how can a dollar value seem fair. after my Father passed and the "clean up" started, a $10.00 item was worth $$$$.yet reality it value was $5.00. tough call for many who have to go through it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I am very sorry for youre loss...  Myself,,  I would struggle with this..  I would probably just keep it, and maybe one day at a truck show or a parking lot some where when I'm out and about in it, the right guy will come along...  🙏   Jojo

agreed. i would not mind having a rig like that at all. it is stunningly beautiful, and looks like it was lovingly restored and cared for. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

My condolences. It's a beautiful and desirable truck. It's value should be inline with the above statements. Unless circumstances move you otherwise or if you have no desire at all for it, I would suggest holding on to it for a while and maybe mothball it for a period until you have a clear mind on what you want to do. A similar thing happened to me with my father's '41 Cadillac. Not my kind of car and not one that I would pursue, but it was finished and drivable and actually has turned out to be a fun social car to drive around with friends in or go places in. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the responses. He definitely had it valued much higher in his mind so seeing the $25,000 to $30,000 was a bit of s shock. That was also what I was seeing online so I'm sure it's about right. I think he has that much money just in stainless steel on it. He did have a tendency to over do things lol. He told me it was worth at least $80,000...way higher...it was very valuable to him so I can see why he thought that. 

• Like 1

I'd love to keep it...however, I'm a girl and have no idea how to drive it or how to do the mechanics and upkeep. It is going to be extremely hard to get rid of this emotionally and I have a feeling literally. 

The truck has a cummins engine in it, which he always said was rare...any thoughts on that?

I dunno much about anything in the grand scheme of things but the figures quoted are gunna fairly accurate I reckon

The problem is that we never get back what put into these trucks and most of us don't do it to make a dollar and those that do probably aren't been truthful 

I dont think a old Cummins motor is gunna make a huge difference in value no matter what the motor is 

My father passed away not that long ago and when Mum was ready my brother and I went and cleaned out Dads things 

My brother and I are fortunate enough that we dont have to get rid of stuff so we boxed stuff up by the semi load and shifted and stored it all 

I might not unbox stuff for some time yet 

A lot of gear was bigger than your fathers truck but I just loaded it up and shifted it for Mum

And to make it even more challenging most of the trips took two days 

But to me it was worth it as everything of Dads I get rid of is like getting rid of another piece of Dad  and I will probably clean out a lot of stuff in the future when I'm ready

My point to my ramblings is if you don't have to sell the truck then perhaps dont rush into it as you cant unsell it once its gone

The end of the day it is none of my business and I'm just thinking out allowed and not trying to tell you what to do 

Good luck with it all and I hope you achieve a good outcome 

Paul 

• Like 2

Sorry for the loss of your dad. His truck is beautiful and it is easy to see the passion he had. The sad truth is the money spent is not the money returned. There is an equipment and truck auction coming up this month that would be worth while watching for anything comparable. (https://www.mecum.com/auctions/east-moline-tractor-2022/

Matt, sorry for your loss also. I remember seeing pictures of the '41 Cadillac. Glad you kept it. They do grow on you.

• Like 2

Dave has the best advice but yes of course you need a place to keep it you can’t just park  commercial vehicles anywhere you want  whiny nosy neighbors are generally a big problem depending on where you are good luck . As I mentioned I would not sell it unless no other choices…. Having someone show you around all the operations I am sure it looks a lot more frightening to you than it really is you would probably really enjoy it once you figure it out… Bob