Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

1 hour ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Being so close, I need to ride over there and see this thing in person!  Looks great!

I am hoping he has it done by Labor Day so he can bring it to either the Dacusville SC and/or Lincolnton NC shows

Brocky

Superliner is in surgery now! Will Have a Biopsy on it in the morning! Thanks for the encouragement, not sure when I’ll be able to drive it ,, just plugging along. I would like to go to both shows maybe with the C Model.  Ride over DoubleClutchinweasel , any time. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I didn’t see it listed on the ATHS calendar, so I just wondered. 

I do NOT think Brad and his show are associated with the ATHS Virginia Carolina chapter anymore although he should be able to get it listed?? Just looked the Virginia Carolina chapter itself is not even listed in the Wheels of Time so it must have gone belly up!!

Brocky

i still remember the loud bang when the press (60 ton) takes out the ring gear shaft . one of my mentors at waterbury mack ; ole man (said with respect ) Dixon  ran the machine shop. he told me when pressing that gear stand on side of press and work the handle'' and i did! the  good old days 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

I got a couple hours in on it this afternoon, I’m going to try to clean & polish my windshield frames next, I have all new rubber for it , I took them out about 1996 so I have forgot how they go back,,, I maybe asking for help ! 

5BE678FC-1D70-4AFF-813A-98FB34EDDD91.jpeg

AC7D190E-93A3-4853-A7E6-2CB84E4EF6D8.jpeg

A candy!

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, mattb73lt said:

Nice touch with the strip. Mine was aluminum, but heavily corroded. Replaced it with a steel one I got off the roof donor.

Hell I didn’t even notice the strips that is a real nice touch I was too busy gawking at the peaches and cream… bob 

Well if any of you fellas have a fancy idea to clean up stainless steel let me know I bought some nice straight grille moldings a few years back for my DM and one of them is tarnished and I really don’t know what to do with it bob

10 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Well if any of you fellas have a fancy idea to clean up stainless steel let me know I bought some nice straight grille moldings a few years back for my DM and one of them is tarnished and I really don’t know what to do with it bob

A buffing wheel and jeweler’s rouge can usually bring it back. There’s a whole series of wheels and compounds that work with stainless. Look at the Eastwood site and you’ll find what you need.

Stainless is a tough and forgiving metal. I’ve blended out some pretty deep scratches on some pieces I’ve fixed.

On my exposed hardware I replace a lot with bolts from Totally Stainless. I’ll file off the head markings then buff them out on a wheel. They’ll look like chrome and never tarnish.

• Like 2

Right on man thanks for the information I did not have a clue to what to do with it full set of really Clean moldings as I imagine one of them is tarnished other than that they’re almost mint they should look brand new once I get the tarnish off thanks again …. Maybe one of these days I can get started on the damn thing before I croak I’m still waiting on parts to get started on it I can’t wait to at least drive it into the garage and see what it looks like in there ha ha.. Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Right on man thanks for the information I did not have a clue to what to do with it full set of really Clean moldings as I imagine one of them is tarnished other than that they’re almost mint they should look brand new once I get the tarnish off thanks again …. Maybe one of these days I can get started on the damn thing before I croak I’m still waiting on parts to get started on it I can’t wait to at least drive it into the garage and see what it looks like in there ha ha.. Bob

There's 3 kinds of Rouge green,brown,and white also 3 buffing wheels green,yellow,and white. That's what I use. Also if the stainless is heavy with rust I use WD40 and steel wool and it turns out pretty good. 

• Like 1