Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

not only the cab work is looking great ; the shop with it's clean, organized  appearance  is beyond WOW. 

everyone has "their thing"  ,for me it maintenance  shops or old barns, i know too many yrs of breathing brake clean LOL 

and the C cab is unique in it's own respect 

23 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Thanks Vlad for the Birthday wishes! Yes there are a lot of “Stuff “ here! When my Dad was living we collected and restored several old Mack’s ( and tractors ) , Then my Son got into the Superliners, he’s up to about 6 I think, now my Grandson wants to get everything out and ride in them,, so my semi- retirement is FULL time between working on my 30 year LJ project and Being Grandpa! But I Love it ! 

Your attitude sounds happy on what you say about the current state of your life. It's really nice. Being at my age (47 now) and also earlier I may be count as your late dad in his time collecting "a first bunch of trucks" in my family. I try looking forward with guesses of do I right or not spending time on old stuff and resto projects. At all my considerations tell me I'm on the right way. And the words you shared on how you're currently doing are very helpful and optimistic.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Wow looks like caramel candy,,,, according to photos looks like a real good job  so it’s all original hojo  colors  correct????? Also I was assuming you were not excited about that major operation,,, otherwise you would have been bring up the progress…. Nice going bud …. Let’s keep it up… bob

14 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

not only the cab work is looking great ; the shop with it's clean, organized  appearance  is beyond WOW. 

everyone has "their thing"  ,for me it maintenance  shops or old barns, i know too many yrs of breathing brake clean LOL 

and the C cab is unique in it's own respect 

It’s probably a Hollywood backdrop without it it looks like the rest of us,s Repair areas ha ha just joking I’m sure he keeps it like that …. Bob

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Thank you so much for the comments! Looking back now it’s great Memories, And the trucks are just the material object's that we can relate our Family & Friends to . From the time we spot one of these old trucks , bringing it home, to restoring it we have memories of all the people who helped us. My Grandson never knew my Dad, But the C Model and all the pictures of it and Dad( My Son drove the C Model to my Dads funeral, he was 17 )  Tie them all together. Same with the LJ , Hopefully it will create good memories for My Son & Grandson and Friends long after I’m gone. Vlad ,Keep having fun, Make Memories! 

Many thanks for guiding!

I'm already 12 years long involved into real Mack world (starting from the point I accuired the 1st truck) and have plenty of great contacts, activities, impressions and so on I wouldn't ever get if went a common life route. This hobby is a key to a special world. My doubts are just a matter of basic doubts as long as we better figure the way to go than just follow some path in the life. But accounting the things done in the recent years I too enjoy the way the time was spent.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Replying to Bob ,, Still not sure who’s idea to paint the truck these colors when it was new , all the old guys I new said it was Coke , But it also looks like the old Ho-Jo picture. I’m going back with the original colors. As for the fenders that will probably be my last project on this ( and I am not excited about it, you are correct! ) Thanks for the complainants! 

Vlad , Yes you are 100% correct about the input of the people on this site, I have already met some in person, and talked to. Great people I would have never knew had it not been for these old Mack’s. 

• Like 2

Ha ha that’s funny I wasn’t quite sure what was going on here I remember you mentioning Howard Johnson with the thread says Coca-Cola colors I would guess Howard Johnsons especially as old as it is and of course everything back then is black n white photographs who knows so far is very attractive another dumb question is that the same color as the dashboard 

Yea I’m still going with the Coca Cola , even though it’s a black and white picture, you can tell the fenders on the ho-jo picture were black, and when I started driving this LJ in the late 70s the fenders were yellowish orange, I just have never found a picture of it with a Coke logo on it , The fellow that drove it from 1966 to 1969 here in Asheville for Pioneer Welding Supply confirmed the colors I am using were correct, and Pioneer Purchased it in 1963 and replaced the engine with a new reman 220 , but never repainted it . The state of North Carolina has the information on the owners before 1963 ,, But will not tell me, I have written them a letter and the reply is they can’t give out confidential information. As for the fenders, I’m sure I’ll get motivated and find or make me a good set when I get that far along. 

• Like 2

Both the guy that drove it for the welding supply and my friend that bought it from them in 1969 ( both gentlemen are 88 years old) Said it wasn’t a bright white on top,they called it creamy, it was so faded when I started driving it In 77 I can’t remember. So I had it mixed a little “ Creamy “ . 

Thank you! 

• Like 1