Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

1 hour ago, h67st said:

Did you buy new glass? I'll be buying new for mine soon if anyone has recommendations.

H-model windscreens are not interchengeable with a L-model. They are but with an integral sleeper L cab.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I had a local guy cut the glass about 20 years ago,using my old glass as a pattern. Yea the  C model and H model I have don’t have the aluminum frames like that standard L cab. I like the look of the aluminum when it’s shiny! 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 3:19 PM, Vladislav said:

H-model windscreens are not interchengeable with a L-model. They are but with an integral sleeper L cab.

You're right, aren't the windshields shorter on the L model?

Yes, they are smaller, the aluminum frames take up a lot of the space. Not really sure why they changed the design on the L, H & C cabs . I’m sure there was a reason. Hopefully someone has more information,, Just curious. Thanks 

51 minutes ago, yarnall said:

How about the story on the Jeep?  I am looking for a WWII jeep.  My son is really into WWII right now.   

a big THANK YOU  to your son for the interest in WWII . the world lost another Hero . the last surviving Medal of Honor recipient recently passed away. 98 yrs old. 

Yes that’s unfortunate a lot of us are too far away to go get them and some of us just don’t have the room or any place to put it most of us feel the same way hate to see anything just sitting there  … but back to your story years ago I had thought of trying to find my pops U  model he drove for bEacon fast freight he used to take me with him when I was 13 -14   But after moving to California that would probably be impossible to re-search or get it 3000 miles  Bob 

Yes! I have thought of that a bunch! If you have seen some of the pictures of old Hennis trucks my Dad drove from about 1960 till the mid 70s , From A50s , H Models, Bs , Fs, U models and Last Rs .I would not have a clue where to look for any of them,, Probably junked years ago! And to find the Rarest of all ,, The C was extremely lucky! It probably got saved by getting put on a farm for over 20 years near the NC/SC line ,, I would say they used it very little,, and it never got driven on salted roads. I put off even going to look at it for a few months. When my Dad passed away suddenly from a Heart Attack in 2007 , My Son was 17 at the time, he drove it to the Cemetery to his Funeral . 

• Like 1

Yes beat up freight truck why would anybody hang onto it   I …I took an engine out of a perfectly straight 65 impala convertible   And scrapped the car  at the time it wasn’t worth anything and there was millions of them around everywhere nobody knew  50 years later it was going to be worth a fortune…. Bob

Yep ,, same here, B models,, Willys trucks, Chevelle SS ,, I’ve hauled them all to the crusher at one point. Luckily I hung on to a few,, but like you, I could have restored the ones I kept with the money the crushed ones would be worth now. 

• Like 1

Hell I almost forget…. Even further back I bought a 55 Chevy convertible that wasn’t In too bad a shape at all totally restoreable took off the doors hood and  the hood and trunk lid and scraped the rest only paid 35 bucks for that one …. Right now that same body style is almost extinct … … bob

• Like 1