Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

Yeah you see several different floors in them, I’m sure you’re correct on years of u joint grease and trans oil soaking it up like a lamp wick. I have no clue what wood Mack used, looks like plywood, that’s what I’m using to replace it (1/2 inch) . 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow my sister just got back from there. I was on vacation she didn’t want to go back to New England  ha ha she’s planning on moving there after retirement…still too cold around here as well. Cool Scout I  I had a 67 way back in the 70s. Thanks for sharing. Everything you post is just as exciting as mrsmack paul haha keep them coming… Bob

Oh, by the way, knowing absolutely nothing about wooden floor boards I would’ve guessed three-quarter inch plywood and  yes  quiet it down it will probably be more soundproof than  my DM is once you got everything all set up.. Bob

did you ever consider 5/8- or 3/4 double laminated plywood used inside refer trailers? Baskin robbins trailers had the double laminate side walls. alot of moisture there along with weekly pressure washing. never a problem. i'm sure expensive ;;; even taking a cut out rubber mat glued to top side of laminated for non slip floor . i used a cut piece made to fit inside of my day cab for my "motel lay overs " . clean, fit between seats  and stood behind seats when not in use. sister-in-law made a cover for the "mattress"(2- 2in foam ) . like everything today the so called pressure treated plywood isn't that great.

Hopefully I can get back to my floor in a week or so,, my old wood is 1/2 inch, I picked up a 2 foot x 4 foot piece of 1/2 plywood, I’m going to cut it out and try it,  I think it will lay flush, then I can put sound deader on the bottom, I might be able to use 5/8 , the foot valve base bolts to it so it needs to be close to original. I’ll experiment with the 1/2 and see how it goes, ready to get the inside done and move on to the rest of the body work. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rainy Saturday, hopefully I can get motivated and get some stuff done on the floor, I have made a lot of progress over the winter ( as I did last winter) I hope i can keep moving forward through the summer,, My calendar is already starting to fill,, My Number One helper has his first little league baseball game Thursday, Truck and Train show at the NC Transportation Museum May 20 , Spencer , NC , I’m hoping to take the LTH . And then like everywhere else,,, which is great,, a Car Show every Saturday that’s hard to turn down. Equipment hauling usually picks up through the summer ( Which is good, it supports the TOY funds,lol ) And probably most of all distractions from The LJ is Grass mowing and weed eating !  But no complaints I’m Blessed to be able to keep doing it. I’m looking forward to seeing All the trucks on this site at a show someday,, we have all seen a lot of progress and a lot of hard work! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Must’ve missed it. Somehow your progress looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. Yes all summer events are the best especially barbecue and lawn mowing me and  old lady or also usually pretty busy all summer. I still can’t get the DM  in the garage yet till my dirt lot hardens up a little bit more real heavy, sloppy winter this year…. little league Games can’t beat it. I am always ready for any baseball. Best of luck to  the little one. Bob